How many guns can I buy on one arms license?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Sarora
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How many guns can I buy on one arms license?

Post by Sarora » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:06 pm

How many weapon can i bought on one licence

For Advertising mail webmaster
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: How many guns can I buy on one arms license?

Post by sa_ali » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:41 pm

3 and 4 if you member of NRAI or aspiring shooter category

kanglasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kanglasa » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Sarora wrote:How many weapon can i bought on one licence
As per law 3. But you have to enter that you can buy 3 any bore irrespective of calibre, all three can be same caliber or different.
I walk as if I rule the world or else i walk as if I don't give a damn who the heck rules the world and remember there is a hairline differences between a foolhardy and bravery.
EK GOLI DO DUSHMAN

rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Location: Yamunanagar, India, My bike, wherever I keep my bag.

Post by rahul_does » Mon May 22, 2017 2:38 pm

kanglasa wrote:
As per law 3. But you have to enter that you can buy 3 any bore irrespective of calibre, all three can besame caliber or different.
Probably, wrong information.

One handgun (Pistol/Revolver, either of the two), one barrel gun (shotgun) and one rifle. If you are a member of a State Rifle Association or above (NRAI) another rifle, .22; provided that the existing one that you have is not a .22. (So, two .22 are not possible.)

More firearms may be granted at the discretion of authorities if you start shooting gold! Gold buys everything and everyone. Remember, the fish catching scene in the movie 'The Edge'?

This is what was told to me by an Olympic level judge in 2002. Things may have changed.
Time heals many wounds and time wounds many heels.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 22, 2017 10:13 pm

There is no law/ rule which states that you can only have one of each (handgun/ rifle/ shotgun). You may own all three handguns, all three rifles, all three shotguns OR any combination of them, so long as you don't infringe Section 3 of the arms act or any exemptions granted therein for a person / class of persons.

NRAI members may additionally own one .22 rifle for the purpose of target practice. Aspiring shooters may own one additional firearm for the type of firearm used in the discipline they have qualified in.

Renowned shooters may own upto three additional firearms per discipline they have qualified in, subject to a maximum of 10.

Ethnic Kodavas residing in Coorg district of Karnataka are completely exempt from section 3 of arms act and may own any number of firearms without requiring an arms licence.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein