What is the legal status of shotgun chamber adapters, & what does "allowed against an Authorisation" mean?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
SayNoToDemocide1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

What is the legal status of shotgun chamber adapters, & what does "allowed against an Authorisation" mean?

Post by SayNoToDemocide1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:59 am

Hello! I'm wondering about the legality surrounding the importation, possession, and ownership of shotgun chamber caliber adapters. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

So what are the laws, if any, regarding chamber caliber adapters?

Also, I've read on http://www.customsmumbaiairport.gov.in/ ... ?LinkID=67 that "Import of following types of ammunition are allowed against an Authorisation by licensed arms dealers". What does that mean?

Thanks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: What is the legal status of shotgun chamber adapters, & what does "allowed against an Authorisation" mean?

Post by sonuvecv » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:04 am

As per my knowledge one is allowed to purchase only 12 bore cartridges on a shotgun licence and even if you import the adapter you will not get any other caliber rounds legally on your arm licence

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: What is the legal status of shotgun chamber adapters, & what does "allowed against an Authorisation" mean?

Post by marksman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:44 pm

I guess the exercise is pretty futile if you do not have a license for a particular caliber already e.g. .22LR or .22 HORNET or something. Just a wild assumption. And of course how one manages to acquire the adapter.

Marksman