Issue of arms dealers selling black market weapons

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Watchout
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Issue of arms dealers selling black market weapons

Post by Watchout » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:56 am

Hello fellows,
My question is what will be the legal consequences of acquiring an black market weapon through an arms dealer. I know about an arms dealer from old city Bathinda who has pushed some really high end weapons acquired from black market to unsuspecting buyers . Now what I want to know is who will end up paying if the dealer's plan go bust. Will the buyers able to recover the money and what legal consequences the arms dealer will face. Cause I think it won't be difficult to trace back those weapons cause most of them are really high end models the one's go for 20 or 25 lakhs plus category

For Advertising mail webmaster
chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Issue of arms dealers selling black market weapons

Post by chicky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi Watchout,

Always thought Bhatinda was more famous for the amount of booze consumed per capita :D , rather than illegal market for arms.
Anyway coming back to your query ..all arms sold, whether high end or low end, are covered under the Arms Act and will invite penal action and a prison term, if convicted. The Act and the Judge will accord punishment according to the merits of each individual case and both the Buyer and the Seller will be prosecuted.
All this happens , ofcourse, if one is caught and convicted. Incase you know someone who has accquired a weapon by illegal means please ask him to return the same and not keep it with him and most importantly get a good lawyer to represent him and advise him. These are very serious charges and one must treat it as such.

All the best
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Watchout wrote:Hello fellows,
My question is what will be the legal consequences of acquiring an black market weapon through an arms dealer. I know about an arms dealer from old city Bathinda who has pushed some really high end weapons acquired from black market to unsuspecting buyers . Now what I want to know is who will end up paying if the dealer's plan go bust. Will the buyers able to recover the money and what legal consequences the arms dealer will face. Cause I think it won't be difficult to trace back those weapons cause most of them are really high end models the one's go for 20 or 25 lakhs plus category
Offenses under Arms Act are non bailable and consequences are stiff jail terms as well as fines. This forum is not the place to discuss which arms dealer is doing which illegal activity. Also this forum is not the place to discuss which particular person is doing which illegal activity. If what you are saying is not hearsay but truth then please go to the concerned police station and lodge a complain. The police will do everything that is necessary to be done as per law.
chicky wrote:Always thought Bhatinda was more famous for the amount of booze consumed per capita :D
There is no prize for guessing which agencies, quislings and socio political forces are heavily involved in destroying the culture, demography, economic resources, language, history and heritage of Punjab. Instead of directly killing Punjabis with bullets, these forces are now silently killing them with booze and drugs. There is nothing to laugh about this serious conspiracy that is going on in this period of history of Punjab. I am sure in due course of time Punjab will show these forces the proper place in pages of history. This much is very certain.
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

anoop
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anoop » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Dear Watchout, as a good citizen the correct action is inform police. All involved are heading Sanjay Dutt way.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Dear goodboy_mentor,

I was not laughing about the "serious conspiracy" but merely hinting that the Bhatinda I knew (when I was posted there for 5 years ) in 1983-1988 was a quiet small town with simple people and simple pleasures. It seems it has changed a lot over the years and the innocence is missing.
But I agree with your view that the consequences of selling and buying illegal arms is VERY serious and can have equally serious repurcussions.
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

Watchout
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Watchout » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:51 pm

Can't the buyers claim innocence as it's the dealer who has issued the bill of sales against those particular weapons. Do the buyer is legally responsible to check the past history ?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Watchout wrote:Can't the buyers claim innocence as it's the dealer who has issued the bill of sales against those particular weapons. Do the buyer is legally responsible to check the past history ?
Buyer who is spending so much large amounts of money must have taken necessary precautions before buying such expensive weapons. Else he must be having surplus easy money with which he was careless and did not apply his mind. Even God cannot help those who spend money without thinking. Anyways sorry for the rant, buyer may claim innocence but best would be to go and sit with some experienced local lawyer, tell him everything in details and proceed as per his guidance.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:00 pm

An acquaintance showed me with pride his newly acquired .32 revolver. While examining it closely I realized strangely it had the looks of of a S&W but would break open like a Webley & Scott revolver. Almost a crude cross. On probing further I learnt it was sold to him by a Jodhpur dealer and this friend of mine on top was made to believe that he was lucky to have struck such a fair deal. I advised him to give it back to the dealer without wasting time and that he would report the matter to police immediately in case the dealer refused to comply.. Luckily being an original resident of Jodhpur himself, he could swing it and succeeded in getting the money back. This was in the year 1987.

Marksman