buying 2nd hand gun on my existing all india license

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Rusi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

buying 2nd hand gun on my existing all india license

Post by Rusi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi, Thanks for such a wonderful info data bank ... Could you please help me with this query ?
I own a .22 revolver - All india license. I wan to buy a 2nd fire arm : .22 pistol... The procedure and possibility of
getting it through? Any agent at kolkata who on chargeable basis can assist in application and followup ?
Thanks

Rusi

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: buying 2nd hand gun on my existing all india license

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Since arms rules have changed, it would be best to talk with the office of licensing authority about the procedure for getting additional weapon endorsed. Before the new rules came in, in some states additional weapons were endorsed on the same license booklet, matter was simple and sensible. Some states issued new booklet for each additional weapon after following the illogical procedure of getting police report etc., as done for first weapon. Following judgment of Allahabad High Court can be read http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 89#p113930

Legally speaking, getting arms license is not a matter of "need" or "no need" but is a legal right of citizen flowing into Arms Act 1959 from Articles 19(1)(b), 21 and 300A of the Constitution of India. Thus on paper or theoretically, one should not face any problem getting a license or additional weapon provided not disallowed by Arms Act 1959. But practically arms license applicants face many hardships getting license because of lack of clarity or confusion in the minds of licensing authorities about provisions of Arms Act 1959.

It is best to avoid any "agent" because there might be possibility of the agent cheating you by supplying a counterfeit license.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Rusi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: buying 2nd hand gun on my existing all india license

Post by Rusi » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:46 pm

wonderful sir... Brings hope ... let me see how far I can go with this ... thanks again