Renewal of license

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
debmaj
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Renewal of license

Post by debmaj » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:34 pm

My gun license was issued in Bangalore with valid jurisdiction for Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. I subsequently moved my residence in Hosur Taluk
in TN. I sent in an application for renewal and change of address to the concerned authority. The bureaucratic apathy and delays have been terrible.
My license expired in July '14. I am yet to get any relief on my application which was was done prior to the expiry of the license.

Do I need to deposit my weapon with the concerned authorities? Also what is the repercussion from a legal standpoint for not doing the same.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Renewal of license

Post by Anand » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:12 pm

The only recourse if to follow up diligently and keep at it with all the paperwork and sometimes only by meeting the SHO (for verification) and the DCP of the area will things move. I know someone whose license was not renewed for more than two years because no "influence" or other "greasing" was used.