TIME FOR SLR RIFLES

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
kapilj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

TIME FOR SLR RIFLES

Post by kapilj » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Hello Forum
Goverment and indian ordinance board should immediately
Introduce SLR (SELF LOADING RIFLES) to the citizens of india
Because the rife currently used for the citizens was far outdated before 1965 and cause repeatedly jam. All the rifles used by Indian's are very old and outdated. SLR
Rifles are very necessary..
Kapil.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: TIME FOR SLR RIFLES

Post by mundaire » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:23 pm

First step would be to have semi-auto centre-fire rifles removed from the list of restricted arms.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: TIME FOR SLR RIFLES

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:47 am

If we're concerned with the age of a rifle's design, we should keep in mind that the FN FAL was first introduced by its designers in 1951.
The British L1A1 was the inch dimensioned copy of the metric FAL and the Indian SLR was the reverse engineered version of the L1A1.

While the FAL/SLR is a very functional and reliable design, it isn't even remotely new. If you were just discussing semi-automatic centerfire rifles in general, you would have to implement Abhijit's suggestion first.
However, before you could do that, maybe some study of porcine flight dynamics would be needed. :D
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Location: Yamunanagar, India, My bike, wherever I keep my bag.

Re: RE: Re: TIME FOR SLR RIFLES

Post by rahul_does » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:06 am

xl_target wrote: However, before you could do that, maybe some study of porcine flight dynamics would be needed. :D
Absolute Gold!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Time heals many wounds and time wounds many heels.