Chances of getting an Arms License when any of your family member like brother is already an Arms License Holder

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
maan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Chances of getting an Arms License when any of your family member like brother is already an Arms License Holder

Post by maan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:13 pm

I just wanted to ask if any of your family member like brother is already an Arms License Holder does your it affects your chances of getting an arms license?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Peacefulguns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Chances of getting an Arms License when any of your family member like brother is already an Arms License Holder

Post by Peacefulguns » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:03 pm

I should think not. The merits of the case matter.

Bhrigu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Chances of getting an Arms License when any of your family member like brother is already an Arms License Holder

Post by Bhrigu » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:10 pm

It is completely irrelevant. Even your father's license cannot guarantee you a new one until he turns 60. In that case the license can be transferred.

maan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by maan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:33 am

Actually I had an apprehension that if any of your family member already has a Arm License , authority usually hesitate or deny license to you saying that there is already an arm in the family. I heard it from the some officials from the licensing authority. Is it true or has merits or lawful. Can anyone advise?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:18 pm

@ maan - Whilst some Licensing Authorities may be following such practices, it is neither lawful nor does it have any merits.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein