What Precautions are required for buying Second Hand STEYR LP10e Air Pistol.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
SAMINDIA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

What Precautions are required for buying Second Hand STEYR LP10e Air Pistol.

Post by SAMINDIA » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:11 pm

Greetings,

I am Mr. Samir From Mumbai, Life Member of MRA.

I wanted to acquire .177 Air Pistol and for that I spoke to many persons.
I came across one student who, told me that he had purchased STEYR LP10E some where during 2015.

I met him at one of the Sports shooting club in Mumbai , he showed me LP10e and when I asked about

1) Invoice of Air Pistol. ?
2) Any Import Documents ?
2) Warranty Registration with STEYR ?

I was surprised when he told me that he does not have any Invoice from any Company.
He does not have any Import documents even.
And on top of it he said that he had bought it from Reputed Couch from Mumbai, and he have full confidence on his couch.

In the mean time I met with his Couch and Asked him about Any document for ownership of Steyr LP10E pistol.

His reply was, Do I have Invoice for Shirt I am wearing? He told me that Sports Pistol like LP10e does not require any document or Licence.

For Warranty his Couch told me that If u buy from Company for Warranty, You need to send Pistol to Company's office at Delhi, whereas as he as acquired this Pistol in case of any problem, he will get it repaired when he visit Germany...

I am indeed in shocked,
My Query.
1) Can this be valid transaction for such high price Air Pistol, where no document of ownership or Import is present???
2) What can be maximum price for such Air Pistol???
3) What are legal points to keep in mind??

Your feedback would be obliged.

Samir Patel