Adhaar card linking with Arms Licence.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
pointblank
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Adhaar card linking with Arms Licence.

Post by pointblank » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:48 pm

Todays article in Dainik bhaskar Rajasthan edition.Please stay informed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Adhaar card linking with Arms Licence.

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:48 am

Every licence has already been updated with a 17 digit numerical code and its contents are traceable in a national database then why complicate this dam thing further.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:34 am

This is just a news article. Can anybody provide the link for official notification from MHA that is making this compulsory. There are many questions of law involved with this matter. As you all must be knowing this entire matter related to Arms Act and its Rules may be taken up in Supreme Court. May read this post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24511&start=150#p243617
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

andy_d
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by andy_d » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:04 am

Hello,
Is there anyway to check the National Database for registered firearms? Reason I am looking is because my father is no more held 3 licenses after his demise it was suppose to be safely deposited at local police station which however was not the case, my cousin uncle showed us (we are 3 brother) as my cousin's uncle guardian and some how got his hands on it and got license based on those firearms. Since we are adults now this was back in 1993, we are looking to get it back under heirloom category. Please advise if there is anyways to check using a name of the person? Much appreciated.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:10 am

andy_d wrote:Hello,
Is there anyway to check the National Database for registered firearms?
No, the information is not open to public.
Reason I am looking is because my father is no more held 3 licenses after his demise it was suppose to be safely deposited at local police station which however was not the case, my cousin uncle showed us (we are 3 brother) as my cousin's uncle guardian and some how got his hands on it and got license based on those firearms. Since we are adults now this was back in 1993, we are looking to get it back under heirloom category. Please advise if there is anyways to check using a name of the person? Much appreciated.
The Arms Act 1959 treats firearms as property of their owner, once the ownership title has changed (in this case from your late Father to your Uncle), I don't think there is much you can do about it now.

Maybe a lawyer who is well versed in property law can guide you better.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

andy_d
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by andy_d » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks Abhijeet for prompt response, even though if it was acquired not by proper means?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:00 pm

andy_d wrote:Thanks Abhijeet for prompt response, even though if it was acquired not by proper means?
Like I said, you need a lawyer well versed in property law matters to help you out here.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein