New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
TariqThePathan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by TariqThePathan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi,
Back to square one!!
Please advise what does one do with the already existing .22 ARs one already has??? Lots of confusion here.

For Advertising mail webmaster
emty2
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by emty2 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:44 pm

Our country is good in making unworkable laws

emty2
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by emty2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:51 am

Tango_Charlee wrote:
rahul_does wrote:
rahul_does wrote:
My 'Advocate-On-Record in Supreme Court' friend is going through the old and new acts & rules, and also the petition. We just printed the 350 pages and it will take 2-3 hours.

Will keep you all updated.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

The heat is ON!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Sir I Am an air gun lover, I want to thank you for filing an PIL against 2016 gun law In Supreme Court of India. The 2016 gun law notifying that . 22 calliber air gun will need license is not logical. Since air gun does not use any propellent or gun powder, it can not be classified as fire arm. The air gun regardless of its caliber (.177,.22,.25) only shoots pellets. If goverment is worried that . 22 pellet is used for hunting/poaching and if that is the reason they brought . 22 cal air rifle under licensing then they are wrong because I can do the poaching/ hunting with . 177/stone/metal stick/my bare hands, but I will not do it cause I am not thar kind of peson( my kind is " live and let live")instad they should have crated law against hunting. I am 100 % shure that you will win this PIL and then goverment has to make changes in it or drop the 2016 law all together. YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT AGAINST THIS IDIOTIC ARMS LAW 2016(about air gun part). GIVE IT A GOOD FIGHT IN COURT![/quote

:deadhorse: :agree: i

krishan.adhikari1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by krishan.adhikari1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:04 pm

Again the question is what do i do about the. 22 air rifle that I own?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:28 pm

krishan.adhikari1 wrote:Again the question is what do i do about the. 22 air rifle that I own?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Hold on to it for now.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

chandramohan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chandramohan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Pl wait Govt is bound to take liberal view because won't be in position to give licence to all .22air gun holders It might one time payment licence or may be linked with Adhar card .There must have been about hundred thousands or more air gun in India sold since 1947.And as per new rules of 2016 what about persons having air gun having more than .22cal ?

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:37 pm

AFAIK, after the Arms Rules 1962, were notified, several exemptions were granted at various times such as airguns which passed the dealwood test, reloading of own ammunition for own use etc as well as bringing in new rules such as limiting the size of multiple projectiles in shotgun ammo to 4.5mm(or is that 5mm?) and special consideration for competitive shooters etc. A good number of these have been incorporated into the new Arms rules 2016 plus many new ones added and some removed.
An exemption was granted for Replica weapons after the notification of Arms Rules 2016, so there is hope yet if enough noise is made!!
Anand

chandramohan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chandramohan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Let's wait for outcome of PIL filed or would be filed w.r.t.New Arms Rule 2016.It is Big challenge for govt to implement the same .Rule says cal more than .177 shall require Licence. Is govt is going to give Licence to those persons who are having air gun of cal .25 or .27 or more than that cal .

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sci-fic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:15 pm

There are no words to describe my happiness in going through this post because as a air gun enthusiastic and also as a lawyer i felt this Arms Rules 2016 is an infringement of our rights
Every restriction imposed by a legislature should be reasonable restriction having a proper nexus in achieving to the object and scope of a legislation upon that if the intent of the legislature is to ban higher cal air rifles is allegedly used for hunting or any other illegal activities a respective laws to be implemented with severe punishment in curbing those illegal activities rather then making a ban to every other law abiding air gunners who are in larger scale is completley arbitary

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sci-fic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:30 pm

In my previous post i meant ban of higher cal air rifles other then .177 because as per the Arms rules 2016 higher cal air rifles other then .177 or .177 air rifle exceeding more then 20 joules of muzzle energy is clasifed as a fire arm and even with fire arm licence one has to only buy any higher cal air rifles other then .177 is what left within India as import of fire arm is only permitted to renowned shooters that is too in their respective event, i belive we have no event for higher cal air rifles which makes new import of higer cal air rifles is a complete ban
Even if they want to make or bring all air gunner with higer cal into accountable is fine but asking to own a fire arm licence for air guns is like asking a person to own a formula one racing car licence for riding a bicycle which has no reasonable nexus to the muzzle energy produced from fire arm to that of an air gun

surur
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by surur » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:45 am

hi all, so it's today (09,sep,2017), I have very curious regarding "The ban" status. Anyone objected it on court ? then what is the status ? what you all .22 caliberiens done ? sold it or still using ?

chandramohan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chandramohan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi, After notifiing New Arms Rule 2016 , Is govt waiting for all pellets of air rifles to be exhausted ? As it is Govt has banned manufacturing and sale of it
Moreover manufacturing and sale of .22cal weapons too banned .Govt may ask to keep those weapon as for display only.

Sci-fic
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sci-fic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:59 pm

surur wrote:hi all, so it's today (09,sep,2017), I have very curious regarding "The ban" status. Anyone objected it on court ? then what is the status ? what you all .22 caliberiens done ? sold it or still using ?
The Arms Rules 2016 had stated that a valid Arms dealer must apply and get a special permit and upon that he may sell .22 air rifles to any one holding a valid fire arm license, regarding the .22 or higher cal air rifles already owned by the people have only option to sold/surrender to an arms dealer but since the enactment have not came into force, many of my friends are withholding theirs with a hope to see a light end of a dark tunnel
As stated in previous post i believe good people have prepared a draft to challenge it and am also eagerly awaiting for any update from them until then fingers crossed

bashmys
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bashmys » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:44 pm

i was going through the Indian Gazette http://egazette.nic.in/(S(2qe5s3142orib0p4bqea1mgj))/RecentUploads.aspx
couldn't find the new arms rule, is it de notified

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:57 pm

bashmys wrote:i was going through the Indian Gazette http://egazette.nic.in/(S(2qe5s3142orib0p4bqea1mgj))/RecentUploads.aspx
couldn't find the new arms rule, is it de notified
No such luck! :x If you wish to download the Arms Rules 2016 from that website, please follow the following process:

1. Open www.egazette.nic.in/ in your browser

2. Click on "Search Gazette"

3. Click on "Search by Ministry"

4. Select "Ministry of Home Affairs" from the drop down menu

5. Select Month "July" and Year "2016" from the drop down menu

6. You will see an item with "Subject" as "In exercise of the powers conferred by sections 5 9 10 11 12 13 16 17 18 21 41 read with section 44 of the Arms Act 1959 54 of 1959" which would be dated: 15-Jul-2016

7. Click on the PDF file icon to download the Arms Rules 2016 in PDF format. The file name will be 170861.pdf - the first half is the Hindi version and pages 134 onwards are the English version.

OR

You can also download them directly from the Ministry of Home Affairs website by going to http://mha.nic.in/notification and looking up the notifications under IS-II Division. OR simply clicking http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mh ... on2016.pdf . Once again, the first half is the Hindi version and pages 134 onwards are the English version.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein