New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by ganeshn » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:51 pm

GBM very good explaination (y), I see a bigger role for ifgians like you here.

For Advertising mail webmaster
rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Location: Yamunanagar, India, My bike, wherever I keep my bag.

Re: RE: Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by rahul_does » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:04 am

StampMaster wrote:
"MHA is not practically answerable to the citizens.

It will listen to the following only -

The direction of High Courts or Supreme Court."

It is high time for wait and watch program. I think its important to take a call as individual or group (NAGRI) to file a petition in the Supreme Court.

And a PIL would be more appropriate.

And in the matter of financial assistant, most of the members are happy to do their bit.

Only that we have not taken our first step of action to counter measure.
I am all for it.

I have exhorted many a UP residents to be The One and file a case regarding separate licence for each gun and all have hailed it as a miraculous idea but said that who has the damned time!

I am retired from corporate jobs and have all the time in the world.

I offer myself to be the runner-boy in NCR, on my Bulltt bike.
[\b]

My best lawyer friend shall be back in a week and I will ask for his assistance, as well.

Please, let me know of my chores.

Ra.
Time heals many wounds and time wounds many heels.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:00 pm

rahul_does wrote:I am all for it.

I have exhorted many a UP residents to be The One and file a case regarding separate licence for each gun and all have hailed it as a miraculous idea but said that who has the damned time!

I am retired from corporate jobs and have all the time in the world.

I offer myself to be the runner-boy in NCR, on my Bulltt bike.
[\b]

My best lawyer friend shall be back in a week and I will ask for his assistance, as well.

Please, let me know of my chores.

Ra.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Very good! Please check your email, sent you a rough draft of the writ/PIL. Will try to send you completed one within a week so that you may discuss it with your lawyer friend. It is very important for any lawyer taking up this matter to have a deep understanding of the concepts and facts related to this matter.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:12 pm

And if your lawyer friend know and understand the things I guess many of the IFGns would contribute whatever they can to cover the expenses regarding the filing of a writ/PIL and pursuing to the judgement. Count me in.

Regards
GNV

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:54 pm

we wont be able to fight this battle without monetary support and assistance. I am in tooo.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:22 pm

When is this so called act likely to be tabled in the Parliament.Were heading the UK way-anything beyond 12 ft lbs is a FAC!Im in for whatever battle support is required

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:26 pm

In UK 0.22 AR under 12 ft lbs don't need an FAC.

Since the new rules are allowing upto 15 ft.lbs, It would be fine only if it is irrespective of caliber for ARs.

prasenjitdass
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by prasenjitdass » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:36 am

I hope the matter would not end here. "Any gun that resembles like a gun, immaterial whether it fires or not, need to be licensed"

RoyalSingh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by RoyalSingh » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:08 pm

prasenjitdass wrote:I hope the matter would not end here. "Any gun that resembles like a gun, immaterial whether it fires or not, need to be licensed"
Restriction on Replicas has been revoked vide S.O. 2461(E), 18th July, 2016.
You may go through the link here: https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... =4&t=24519

Regards
Royal Singh

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:42 pm

Three questions.

1.) What happens to all the guys who already have .22 air rifles that have been made in India and were perfectly legal to buy, use and keep before the new amendments came into being? Most of these guys will have a proper invoice with taxes. So effectively, the government made money in this sale/transaction and are now declaring the possession of these goods illegal?

2.) What happens to all the guys who have other imported pcps of various calibres? :mrgreen:

3.) Are there any restrictions on compound bows and crossbows? (Read through the gazette few times but couldn't spot anything on this. May have missed it.)
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:49 pm

All ARs except 0.177 " cal and more than 20 joules need to be deposited in the Police Stations, is what I think. I am going to ask my local Police Officer what I am supposed to do. I don't think he knows the answer. Personally I would rather throw my 0,22 ARs in the River Godavary than deposit them in a police station.

I'll apply for an arms license for a 0.22 AR and see the result. But I don't really think I'll get one because I think that the inclusion of 0.22 ARs as fire arms is just to remove them from circulation only and I strongly think that M/s Maneka Gandhi is behind this. She already killed the Indian Circus Industry and now she is killing the Air Gun Industry and the simple pleasure of a simple Indian citizen who loves to shoot Air guns at non live targets.

I'll also see if I can convert my 0.22 PH ARs into 0.177 cal. If I can't I'll throw them into River Godavari.

GNV

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:34 am

Dear GNV,
I think kshitij has a point.
Those who bought the .22 under proper documents like bill/challan , having paid tax/excise etc.before 15.7.16 are the legal owners of the gun.
The new rule comes in vogue for licensing on manufacturer/seller/buyer with effect from 15.7.16.
My issue is the supply of pellets.That is going to dry out soon from the market.
Your idea of walking into PS , is noble.But they will be be even more confused than ever before.
Changing the AR to .177 is a prudent idea but again For manufacturers it will not be so easy.
The rule is full of ambiguities, and further clarity is needed as various stages.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 am

It seems in Bombay the gun shop owners have not yet received a notification from the police or the state that selling .22 AR without a license is not permitted. Also sites like Amazaon and Kovibazaar are still selling it. I think this new notification needs approval from both houses of parliament to come into effect. Until that happens, I suppose its still legal to own and keep them. All we can do is wait and watch.
In the UK when all most handguns were banned in 2006 1997 (edited by moderator), the govt asked all owners of handguns to come forward and deposit them. The guns were then valued and the owners compensated for it, so I am guessing that's what may happen here if and when it comes into effect.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:15 pm

Are you dreaming SMJ ?
Indian Govt compensating.

mooppan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mooppan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:54 pm

"MHA is not practically answerable to the citizens.

It will listen to the following only -

The direction of High Courts or Supreme Court."

It is high time for wait and watch program. I think its important to take a call as individual or group (NAGRI) to file a petition in the Supreme Court.

And a PIL would be more appropriate.

And in the matter of financial assistant, most of the members are happy to do their bit.

I'm also in for a idea of PIL.
Its the sensible idea for the end users like us ifgians. But where is the gun manufacturer lobby. ? Are they sitting idle..? This reminds me the recent NGT ban of diesel vehicles in Kerala,"nothing logical.." The same approach the dealers followed for lifting the ban may be adopted hete.
Pls let me know if you are planning for PIL. Ready for a idvividual contribution.

Regards,
Ranjith Raghavan.