New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:13 pm

pkaran wrote:I have read the relevant portions of the new Arms Rules 2016
In law, the unstated premise is often more important than the stated premise. Before making any comments about your thoughts about Arms Rules 2016, would like to know if you are a lawyer or have read the rules with a "legal eye" and what possible practical problems they are very likely to create in future?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
Tango_Charlee
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by Tango_Charlee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:55 am

rahul_does wrote:
rahul_does wrote:
goodboy_mentor wrote:
My 'Advocate-On-Record in Supreme Court' friend is going through the old and new acts & rules, and also the petition. We just printed the 350 pages and it will take 2-3 hours.

Will keep you all updated.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

The heat is ON!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Sir I Am an air gun lover, I want to thank you for filing an PIL against 2016 gun law In Supreme Court of India. The 2016 gun law notifying that . 22 calliber air gun will need license is not logical. Since air gun does not use any propellent or gun powder, it can not be classified as fire arm. The air gun regardless of its caliber (.177,.22,.25) only shoots pellets. If goverment is worried that . 22 pellet is used for hunting/poaching and if that is the reason they brought . 22 cal air rifle under licensing then they are wrong because I can do the poaching/ hunting with . 177/stone/metal stick/my bare hands, but I will not do it cause I am not thar kind of peson( my kind is " live and let live")instad they should have crated law against hunting. I am 100 % shure that you will win this PIL and then goverment has to make changes in it or drop the 2016 law all together. YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT AGAINST THIS IDIOTIC ARMS LAW 2016(about air gun part). GIVE IT A GOOD FIGHT IN COURT!

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: RE: Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:37 pm

rahul_does wrote:The lawyer needs:

1. List of specific points on the new provisions that are in direct conflict with
1.1. Arms Act.
1.2. Constitution.

The SLP needs to be very precise and to the point so that the judge doesn't get intimidated by the size and rhetoric gets thrown out, almost always
Please check your email, sent specific points of law consisting of only 11 pages and consolidated petition of only 75 pages. Your lawyer friend can make changes or reduce or increase the size as he deems fit.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:27 pm

The entire document for RKBA Writ, Public Interest Litigation, Special Leave Petition has been posted here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25102 for everyone to read, understand, comment, and share it far and wide.

deepakvarde
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by deepakvarde » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Supreme Court stay on license for air guns!!!

anoop
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anoop » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:09 pm

Dear deepakvarde, can you plz explain court stay, I m unable to open the youtube site. Thanks Anoop

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 01, 2017 10:52 am

deepakvarde wrote:Supreme Court stay on license for air guns!!!
The video is from 2014! This was to do with the litigation brought to court by PFA in Delhi High Court, which was later appealed in the Supreme Court. Since this pre-dates the Arms Rules 2016, it has no bearing on these Rules.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

sudipta
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sudipta » Tue May 02, 2017 10:59 am

Hello All,

Like many of us here, I also have a .22 air gun which I purchased in 1990 and is maintained in mint condition. I would like to know if any one had applied for license and the result of the same for their .22 air gun. I would like to follow the lead and comply myself to the law of the land.

Thanks,
Sudipta

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Tue May 09, 2017 1:47 pm

What is the latest position on the validity and implementation of the New Arms Rules 2016? Are they in force?

What are the provisions in the New Rules for issue of licences for second and third weapons?
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue May 09, 2017 8:30 pm

miroflex wrote:What is the latest position on the validity and implementation of the New Arms Rules 2016? Are they in force?
If my information is not incorrect, Arms Rules 2016 have not been presented in both houses of Parliament to be passed to the satisfaction of Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959. Thus technically the new rules do not have force of law, but it appears they are being enforced illegally by licensing authorities.
miroflex wrote:What are the provisions in the New Rules for issue of licences for second and third weapons?
Anything that is very clearly mentioned in the parent legislation, it is not necessary for the same to be repeated in the sub ordinate legislation. Sub ordinate legislation cannot override or go against the parent legislation. Arms Act 1959 is the parent legislation, it's Rules are it's sub ordinate legislation.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Wed May 10, 2017 10:29 am

An RTI application may also be filed with the NRAI regarding --
1. How many shooters entered national level with Desi airgun or pellets
2. How many shooters used Desi ammunition or Ashani in national level games
3. How many shooters acquired MQS, shooting with Ashani and her sisters.
RTI application may also be presented to OFB asking which of their guns are benchmarked against SAAMI etc standards .
The reply of these RTI applications may be very well relevant in the Supreme Court in the matter of the present Writ .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri May 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Post deleted. You've been here long enough to know NOT TO hijack an unrelated thread - Moderator

kml
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kml » Tue May 16, 2017 10:06 pm

Has anyone applied for a license for their existing .22 airgun in delhi?? What has the licensing authority got to say?
I own a precihole .22 rifle and I have no idea what to do.

kenlumhemang
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kenlumhemang » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:59 pm

I think I was born in wrong country, I wish I was born in South Africa where I spent on full time on my interest, it is equally dangerous not to have firearms, in this generation people might kill us even for a thousand rupees, Arms act 2016 is ridiculous especially for airguns enthusiast, Indian should be more civilised in this 21 century, for every mistake there is law punishable arms act need become so rigid, See how flexible arms act it is in South Africa and how peaceful they are in their land, everyone be ready to make understand their own MP and further persuade for flexibility of arms act 2016

kasimpatel
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kasimpatel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:31 am

kenlumhemang wrote:I think I was born in wrong country, I wish I was born in South Africa where I spent on full time on my interest, it is equally dangerous not to have firearms, in this generation people might kill us even for a thousand rupees, Arms act 2016 is ridiculous especially for airguns enthusiast, Indian should be more civilised in this 21 century, for every mistake there is law punishable arms act need become so rigid, See how flexible arms act it is in South Africa and how peaceful they are in their land, everyone be ready to make understand their own MP and further persuade for flexibility of arms act 2016
u

You think you were born in wrong country..and south africa is peaceful country...??