• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Ravishism

Re: New Arms Rules 2016 notified by Government of India!

Postby Ravishism » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Anand wrote:Hi Ravishism,
Since your license is valid only for UP, either it has to be converted to an All India License or you will need a journey license(Short term permit that extends beyond your normal UP state limit). Once either is procured you will have to explain to the LA at Mumbai that you would like to re-register under address change , and they will guide you as to what is exactly needed. An NOC from UP may be required to re register in Mumbai.

Carrying anywhere that is covered by your license is ok (certain places may be expressly prohibited though) for less than 6 months. Earlier, it used be that you would have to inform local PS if you were visiting a place for more than 24 hrs(or 48 hrs, I cant remember) with your firearm.
Anand

Thanks Anand. Below are some of the further questions which i have now:

1.What if i bring my gun from my home state on Short term licence to Mumbai, and LA in Mumbai denies to re-register Licence here?
2.While obtaining Short term licence in my home state, will LA be asking for some kind of document/Licence issued by Mumbai LA ?

I know i am sounding confusing....cause i am really confused :wink:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Reddick

Postby Reddick » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Nainsumit wrote:Sir.
According to new arms rule 2016 cartridges for per arm is 100 and per year is 200 .. wanted to ask that is it implemented through out....

Okay , actually I too want to know the answer of this question.
Rule 23 of The Arms Rules 2016 empowers the licencee to keep and bear 200 and 100 cartridges accordingly.
But to my surprise the Arms Dealers here, in Nawanshahr - Punjab, refuse to issue anyone more than 25 cartridges per firearm per year :shock:
When I showed them the relevant rules ,he denied and suggest me to apply to D.M with 'Extension of Cartridges' form.
I faced same reaction from the staff of D.M's Office also :evil:
So now after going nowhere, I'm convinced to fill that form which will shells me a month's time and a thousand of bucks ,or more, to get that extra ammunition :x

Anand

Postby Anand » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:42 pm

The Licensing Authority is expected to follow the law which is applicable though out India. If they are behaving differently, they must be appraised of the relevant point in the Rules and an application put in for increase in ammo quota. Kindly note that it is 100/200 per firearm and not all together.

Also NRAI members are allowed to have 300/600 for handguns, 200/500 for long guns and 500/1000 in case the firearm is of .22 caliber. It may be worth your while to get NRAI membership and then apply for increase for the higher number of ammo.
Regards,
Anand

Return to “The Legal Eagle”