Those of you who hold an arms license on Sport basis

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Those of you who hold an arms license on Sport basis

Post by ParekSachin91 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Hello everyone out there,
I wanted to know that those of you who hold an arms license on Sport basis (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun etc), did you had to show some kind of proof to the licensing authority? ie: Rifle Club Membership card, Paper targets or any recommendation letters? Or did simply giving a copy of your Rifle Club membership card worked? And what kind of questions the Licensing authority asks the applicant if he or she chooses Sport as the reason for requiring arms license? Plus what documents are required? Please give your input guys. Thank you

Sachin

For Advertising mail webmaster
Yogeshpagedar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Those of you who hold an arms license on Sport basis

Post by Yogeshpagedar » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Hi Sachin,

Along with your rifle club membership , papers or certificates pertaining to participation in competitions add a lot of weight-age to your application. But the crux is if you have any state level or national level competition certificates its more easy and leaves no ground for denial. with state level or national level if you are not in top slots but your score card with minimum scoring as per the norms can count for getting you eligible for license under aspiring shooter.

Our fellow colleagues and senior experienced friends over here in this forum can give you more better and clear idea to go about.
I myself had applied under sports but had a tough time to get as didnt had any fire arms State or national level certificates then. so had to get it sanctioned from an appeal made to the Honorable minister in the state home department as there was a provision to do so which was mentioned in my rejection letter from the areas Commissioner of Police's office.( Licensing Authority ).

All the best and i am sure you will get it. Just need to perceive it with lot of patience and perseverance.
That you give you results.

Regards,
Yogesh Pagedar

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Those of you who hold an arms license on Sport basis

Post by mundaire » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:42 pm

These days in Delhi they are only considering sports cases of those who have participated in at least one zonal (or higher) competition.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein