Add weapon

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Salman khan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Add weapon

Post by Salman khan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:58 pm

I have riffle and i want to add one more weapon on same license, Could you please tell me the procedure how to add weapon or if i can not add more weapon so i want to change.
please advise me.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Add weapon

Post by mundaire » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:22 am

Depending on jurisdiction the process/ requirements may vary a bit. In Delhi the following process is followed.

Documents required: -

-Application on plain paper mentioning the reasons for addition.
-Copy of arms license booklet depicting clearly the no. and type of weapons already held by the licensee.
-Prescribed affidavit
-Documents pertaining to reasons of addition.

In case of death/transfer of weapon on inheritance basis:-
-Death certificate of the licensee in case of death only.
-Weapon deposit permission in case of death of the licensee.
-Weapon deposit receipt issued by the authorized arms dealer or the police station as the case may be.
-Indemnity bond 
-NOC given by other legal heirs that they have no objection, if weapon is transferred to the applicant.
-Arms license of the deceased or the transferor as the case may be.
-In case of transfer of weapon the NOC/consent of licensee who intends to transfer his weapon to his legal heir. 
-Affidavit from the licensee to the effect that he/she has not objection for the transfer of the arm in the name of applicant and he/she shall not apply in future. 

In case of renowned shooters / sports activities.
-Participation certificate of at least one State Level/Zonal Level/National Level Shooting Competition recognized by National Rifle Association.
-Certificate / recommendation from NRAI duly attested by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India, New Delhi, for addition of a weapon for practice and participation in the Shooting Competition.

In case of retainers due to family safety / protection of crops.
-Consent from the main licensee as well as the retainer.
-Proof of agricultural activities, if applicable.
-Proof of threat to the family, if applicable.
-All the documents are same as required for fresh grant of license.

Procedure: -

Application can be made along with the required documents on any working day in the Licensing Unit during public dealing hours between 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM or by post. Approval or rejection will be conveyed to you by post. In case of approval, you may come for depositing the requisite fee and to get the requisite endorsement on the Arm License on any working day during public dealing hours. The sample forms can be down loaded form the hyper links provided above or else can be obtained from the licensing Unit.

Information from http://delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/Home/arms#section5
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chengy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:12 am

You will also be called for an interview with the DCP. This is held on every Wednesday between 3 p.m and 5 p.m . He will question you on requirement for the additional weapon

thakur
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by thakur » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:04 pm

I am going through this process in Delhi. My application has been put in the 'Interview' queue. There are no timelines for calling for interview.

You may approach the DCP / Jt Commissioner office to request for a out of line interview but I am not sure if this will help.

Sanjay
Cheers,
Thakur

"Shoot well - Lens or Rifle"

Salman khan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Salman khan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi I just received your reply, can you please tell me the format of application for applying add one more weapon, and please also confirm what does it mean "Documents pertaining to reasons of addition".
Please help me out as i am not aware.

Thank you so much for your help.

Tanay Saxena
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tanay Saxena » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:35 pm

how to apply for a licence

Salman khan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Salman khan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:00 pm

I want to add one more weapon on my Riffle license so Could you please confirm that i have to go to submit the application & affidavit or anybody can go to submit my form like my son.