Verify Armed license validity that my father has got from Jammu, India.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
anoopism
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Verify Armed license validity that my father has got from Jammu, India.

Post by anoopism » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi every one,
I just had few doubts in my mind about the license that my father has got from Jammu, India.

I read over here only that they are issuing the fake licenses, so I wanted to check if the license he has got is valid one.
which authority should I be visiting in jammu and at which address to clarify the same.
any help will be highly appericiated.

Regards,
Anoop Kumar

For Advertising mail webmaster
dheeraj_1772
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Verify Armed license validity that my father has got from Jammu, India.

Post by dheeraj_1772 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:56 pm

UIN had been issued or not? Do your father serve in Armed Forces or CPAF? From which dealer and which District the license is made?

anoopism
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anoopism » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi Dheeraj,
I dont know what is UIN means, Yes my father was in army got retired 2 years back. And when he was in service he along with other armymens of his unit aquired the armed license with proper recommendation of hi Commanding Officer letter.

and it was I think more liberral policy of J&K government to issue weapon licenses for Army personnel.
Yes he and other army personnel got the license from Miran sahib jammu,through an agent.

I just wanted to know if I have to verify it where shall it be done..? and also he did not purchase the gun still and its validity has got expired. and this time he was looking to buy one gun so we wanted to verify if its original. though I dont have much doubt as arms policy of J&K government for Army personnel is much much liberal than any others.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:52 pm

Why should an ex-serviceman get an arms license through an agent. It is one of the privileges they enjoy and they get them without any hassle from authorities anywhere in India. This really is strange.

Regards,
GNV