renewal of arms licence

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
hajipir121
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

renewal of arms licence

Post by hajipir121 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:49 pm

hi all urgent help required.
i hve a AL having tamilnadu validity...
i am a govt servant now posted at jabalpur (madhya Pradesh) and my licence got expired.
i went to Chennai to get it renewed,but was told that since i am not a resident of chennai OR tamilNadu anymore hence i'll have to apply for renewal to District Collector jabalpur.But when i met DC jabalpur he refused to renew the licence stating that since the licence is not AIV hence he cannot renew it and i'll have to get it renewed from Chennai...WHAT TO DO KNOW PLEASE HELP???

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: renewal of arms licence

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:11 am

The refusal to renew by licensing authority in Tamil Nadu appears correct. Provided you have taken the gun from Tamil Nadu to Jabalpur by following the proper legal procedure, nothing to panic. Please read Rule 54(2) of Arms Rule 1962. It is very clear after reading it that the licensing authority at your present place of residence will renew it. Have a word with the local licensing authority and apprise him of Rule 54(2) of Arms Rule 1962 in a polite and friendly manner and submit the application. Do not fail to take acknowledgment for receipt of renewal application.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

hajipir121
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hajipir121 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:31 pm

hi..thanks for your reply...though i have deposited my weapon with a armoury in chennai...
i had met the DC jabalpur himself and he has refused to renew it stating that the licence is not AIV...he'll give a written reply to my application on monday...What do i do then???

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:53 pm

In event of the worst case scenario, request and reapply again from your place of present residence i.e Jabalpur, giving details of your past license and why you need to reapply. Since you are in Government service and are transferable, I feel they will deal with it considerately once their paperwork is completed.

All the best...

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:40 pm

Since it does not have All India Validity, DC Jabalpur has very correctly refused to renew the licence.Obtain a movement permit from licencing authority of Tamil Nadu and then bring the firearm to MP and apply for a licence valid for MP.Alternatively, if TN is your Home State and you have been transferred to MP and is in Government job, the facts need to be reported to the TN licensing authority , who will issue the necessary movement permit for Jabalpur and recommend the issue of fresh licence with MP vailidity. The TN licensing authority can also after taking approval of the competent authority make the licence valid for MP also , if it is in public interest to do so as you are a Government official.