Steps to procure a Firearm license in Bangalore

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
maxlrosefelder
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Steps to procure a Firearm license in Bangalore

Post by maxlrosefelder » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi,

I am looking forward to obtaining a firearm license in Bangalore for self defense.

I was going through the Wiki procedure link for the same, but am not sure whether the information there is reliable or not - http://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/ ... n)_License

The application form A link provided there seems to be different from the one provided on the Bangalore City police website - http://www.bcp.gov.in/application_forms.aspx

So I'm going with the form provided in the Bangalore police website, however I have a few queries regarding the supporting documents mentioned at http://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/ ... _Documents:

* Does the medical fitness certificate have to be from a Government hospital/ doctor only? Or will a private hospital like Apollo work?

* Will a person having eye power (-2 power spectacles) get the license or will it be rejected due to eyesight?

* Who are the Prominent citizens who can issue character certificates? Will Notaries provide this? Is there a sample of the character certificate?

* What exactly is the police report and Chief Wildlife warden here, and how do we obtain it? Do I need to obtain it or will the police do it as part of verification?

* Is there a format for the affidavit? I found one on the Bangalore city police website but it seems to be for a private security agency, and not for individuals looking for it for self defense.

Thanks
Mayank

For Advertising mail webmaster
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Steps to procure a Firearm license in Bangalore

Post by Prabhath » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:18 am

Mayank,

I am a firearm license holder from Bangalore. Have messaged you my phone number. Give me a call and will clarify stuff for you. Little lazy in typing....

maxlrosefelder
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by maxlrosefelder » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi Prabhath,

I have finished the Civilian Rifle training course and also applied for the license. The application form has moved forward from the local police station and is probably at the ACP's office. Would there be any requirement from me to visit the ACP's office and DCP's office (if needed) to ensure its approval and progress, or will it be taken care of them now that the local police station has signed and sent it to them?

Thanks,
Mayank

WickedObsession
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by WickedObsession » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:31 am

Hi Mayank & Prabhat,

I'm seeking some information regarding the CRTC as well as owning a 0.22 Air Rifle

On the KSRA website for CRTC it says
Air Rifle & Air Pistol Session 9.30am to 11.00am
.22 Std Rifle Session 11.00am to 12.30pm
.22 Pistol Session 12.30pm to 2.00pm

Q1) Is the CRTC course inclusive for all 3 or do we need to choose one type?
Q2) What exactly is 7 classes? 7 days or 7 weeks? and can we do it in breaks since I don't live in Blr continuously.
Q3) Can you actually join the club after the course ? Any inputs on how long it takes?

My intention is to get a 0.22 Air Rifle which currently requires a Arms License (god knows why !) but I don't want to be on the wrong side of our blind lawmakers

Do help me out

Cheers
Sharan

WickedObsession
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by WickedObsession » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Mayank,

How much did the CRTC course cost?

Sharan

hari kiran
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hari kiran » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:20 am

Dear Team,
At KSRA, there are 2 types for CRTC, one is around 7 K & the other 8K . First one is limited to finishing training & we cannot shoot after that . The second enables you to practice for 6 months after the CRTC is completed
0.22 Air does not need a license as of now
Yes we have to complete all the sessions ,i.e. ,Air pistol, Rifle+.22 Pistol +Rifle +.32 Pistol

Atif5559
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Atif5559 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:47 am

Prabhath wrote:Mayank,

I am a firearm license holder from Bangalore. Have messaged you my phone number. Give me a call and will clarify stuff for you. Little lazy in typing....
Hi mayank. I would like to clear few doubts regarding arms license in bangalore .. can I get ur numb . Thank you

Jass
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jass » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:38 pm

Prabhath wrote:Mayank,

Hi Prabhat I lives in BANGALORE since 2 years, can you help me out for applying arms licence in Bangalore

Jass
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jass » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi Prabhat