Arms license application Rejected after one Year waiting

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
jagankumar.j
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Arms license application Rejected after one Year waiting

Post by jagankumar.j » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi,

I'm Jagan from Bangalore. I have applied for New Arms License on 16-10-2014 in Bangalore city Police commissioner office for self defence Revolver/Pistol , after few day there was enquiries and formalities in local police station which I have full filled and local station passed it to ACP office further.

But I haven't received any information further. I have been waiting for one year. On 17-10-2015 (exactly a year completed from arms license application filed date) I filed RTI requesting status of my application on arms license with City Police Commissioner. Few days back I got reply from Commissioner stating that, " They have gone through my application and there is no proper reason/ sufficient reason to grant license. So arms license is rejected".
The following documents were attached along
1. Application
2. Weapon training certificate
3. Medical fitness certificate
4. IT returns
5. ID and Address Proof
6. Life threat police complaint copy
7. RTI document report of 16791 Murders, 15142 attempt to murder, 4683 Rape cases registered across Karnataka state in year 2004 to 2013.

Kindly advise what should be done further, on what grounds should I approach High court to request grant of arms license.

Thank you
Jagan Kumar

For Advertising mail webmaster
pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Arms license application Rejected after one Year waiting

Post by pradeep2374 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Self-defence? You will never be able to get it, lest you can prove that your life is under threat with sufficient evidence to back your claim. Try and take the rifle club route. You can say you need weapon for target practice.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Arms license application Rejected after one Year waiting

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:50 am

These days they are giving a license for self protection only. You will have to file an appeal (there is a time limit to file the appeal, I don't know how much time). You will have to convince them that your life is actually under threat.

Atul