Travel Permit - Not being granted

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Travel Permit - Not being granted

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:06 pm

If anyone really wants to fight, rather than starting from Arms Act, should start from the Constitution and laws higher than the Constitution, because the morass trickles down from misinterpreting the Constitution and the higher laws. Arms Act and its rules, the further notifications or "orders" are symptoms of that morass or rot. In other words the "root cause" needs to understood and attacked and not the symptoms.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:08 pm

aadhaulya wrote:
ankur_ank007 wrote:Haha, I am sure I won't do something like that before 28th..... And on 28th if things won't go on right path I shall indeed say "Forget my license, lets start a CRUSADE...."

Ankur
Ankur,

Don't even think of doing that. Or have these guys taken out the spark in you?? There are still options available....

Atul
Atul ji,

I have already written 14 letters in last 3 months to SP- Gandhinagar and Collector Gandhinagar stating fresh threats and requesting fast track hearing of the AL as I and my wife have a threat to life because of Honour Killing but these arrogant bureaucrats have kept postponing my hearing date with the LA on blah blah reasons......

I cant wait to see my wife or myself dying or grievously injuring..... I am totally pissed off...... I applied for the AL on 13 of June 2015, today is 17th of October..... What else can I say? I am going to apply for an AL for my wife on monday, and will push the things.... I am plannint to hit two birds with one stone. I mean following up for 2 ALs in each visit....

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Very disturbing and without a rejection letter you can't proceed further in any direction. (I suppose)

Atul

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:35 pm

aadhaulya wrote:Very disturbing and without a rejection letter you can't proceed further in any direction. (I suppose)

Atul
Exactly. And that's why I am quite irritated with this red-tapism & Bureaucracy in India ....

Ankur

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Well Friends,

I am also facing same issue with my Dad and friends AL. Application has been made 4 months ago and there is no update. However, I have applied for RTI to get details. I will keep updates posted.

I feel, RTI will help to an extent. However, its not advisable to use one persons RTI and use it as reference in other cases (I mean states, as local laws may be different)

File an RTI and try to get an update on which stage your application has got laid to rest..

Good luck. Cheers
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:28 pm

StampMaster wrote:Well Friends,

I am also facing same issue with my Dad and friends AL. Application has been made 4 months ago and there is no update. However, I have applied for RTI to get details. I will keep updates posted.

I feel, RTI will help to an extent. However, its not advisable to use one persons RTI and use it as reference in other cases (I mean states, as local laws may be different)

File an RTI and try to get an update on which stage your application has got laid to rest..

Good luck. Cheers
What information have you demanded in your RTI??

Atul

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:26 pm

Atul Ji,

Same as my post https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... =4&t=23742, and a little more

Very basic questions, which most of us know..
1. No of weapons on a license
2. Who can be retainer
3. How to apply for additional weapons
4. Recommendation of Police required. If not who is appellate authority
X. Transit license for travelling outside valid area on AL, process.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”