URGENT HELP REQUIRED (LOST GUN)

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

URGENT HELP REQUIRED (LOST GUN)

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:38 pm

Today my hand gun has been flicked at a road side vendor. When I went back there he had left. I called the cops at 100. They asked me to register a case at the police station.
Now my question is that loosing a weapon is covered under the arms act??
What would be the procedure to apply for a replacemant gun??
How much time is usually required for a replacement??

Atull

For Advertising mail webmaster
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED (LOST GUN)

Post by SMJ » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:57 pm

OMG! That's serious.... I hope there's no trouble for you chief!
Last edited by SMJ on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:26 pm

Very serious trouble you are in. Sorry

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Atul Ji,

Sorry...

Keep the call conversation with the Control Room (100) if recorded. Keep all your weapon details including the cartridges in the weapon and other stuff you've lost with it and immediately report to the police station of the incident area.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Walibaa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:10 am

Fir is required at earliest.
https://t.me/pump_upp

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:42 am

Oh my. Quiet serious. Better hire a good attorney to do your paper work and processes as this could be cumbersome.

"the bluing of the edges of my revolver doesn't last long because every day it is removed and put in a tight fitting holster two times. One when I go to drop my daughter to school as I am wearing a T shirt I use a sling type holster and second is a belt holster when I go out. "

How was he able to get the weapon out of your holster? Was it the belt holster?
Must be a real crook to flick your weapon, which gives me the shivers to perhaps conclude he might have been keeping an eye on your weapon for some days. Do be careful

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:09 am

FOUND THE REVOLVER

Thanks for the immediate response. But I have found the revolver. I have a habit of feeling the gun very frequently while carrying it.
It came off from the belt holster when I was removing the seat belt and got stuck between the seat and the B-Pillar. I looked all around the floor and cold'n't find it as it was dark.
When I was going to the Police station to file a FIR my wife found it stuck near the seat. Not to mention that it was a huge burden off my mind.

Now i would like to know if anyone has an idea of what could have happened, because theft is not in any ones control. Does one get permission to buy a new gun or maybe the license gets cancelled??

Atul

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:28 am

What did the Lady of the house have to say... ROTFL .
Good you found it or that vendor if caught would have unnecessaraly got his back tattooed with a cane.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Big Daddy wrote:What did the Lady of the house have to say... ROTFL .
Good you found it or that vendor if caught would have unnecessaraly got his back tattooed with a cane.

BD
She is a very decent lady and doesn't say much against me. She just gives a strange look that says it all, meaning I am a stupid fool and lucky to be married to her and it also means something to the effect that 'I told you so'.
This effect would last about 3 weeks atleast. ROTFL ROTFL

Atul

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Mr.ATUL,
You were lucky that you found your revolver before filing an FIR with the police. Otherwise an innocent man would have been beaten badly. It is very careless of you. If your house was broken into when you are not present and the gun was stolen or if you were mugged and the gun was taken off you that would be different and Police would understand that. But loosing a firearm due to plain carelessness is entirely different. You would have been in neck deep trouble if you had lost your gun like that and most probably you would have had your other licenses suspended or revoked. A gun is a responsibility and be responsible.
GNV
Last edited by GNV on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:41 pm

aadhaulya wrote:
Big Daddy wrote:What did the Lady of the house have to say... ROTFL .

BD
She is a very decent lady and doesn't say much against me. She just gives a strange look that says it all, meaning I am a stupid fool and lucky to be married to her and it also means something to the effect that 'I told you so'.
This effect would last about 3 weeks atleast. ROTFL ROTFL

Atul
Lol.... Been down that road before. ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:17 pm

GNV wrote:Mr.ATUL,
You were lucky that you found your revolver before filing an FIR with the police. Otherwise an innocent man would have been beaten badly. It is very careless of you. If your house was broken into when you are not present and the gun was stolen or if you were mugged and the gun was taken off you that would be different and Police would understand that. But loosing a firearm due to plain carelessness is entirely different. You would have been in neck deep trouble if you had lost your gun like that and most probably you would have had your other licenses suspended or revoked. A gun is a responsibility and be responsible.
GNV
Being careless and irresponsible is putting it mildly.....he discharges shotgun slugs against a wall and 3006 on a water tank...he is a walking taking example of an accident waiting to happen...am a little surprised how he was even granted a licence in the first place.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:11 pm

granting or buying???lol
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Risala wrote:Being careless and irresponsible is putting it mildly.....he discharges shotgun slugs against a wall and 3006 on a water tank...he is a walking taking example of an accident waiting to happen...am a little surprised how he was even granted a licence in the first place.
Don't we all discharge a weapon against a back drop, a wall in my case as I have a huge terrace and nothing in the vicinity to take a hit from a ricochet. The rifle being much more powerful I shoot it at a water tank which is hundreds of feet higher so that a ricochet goes off in a safe direction.

Where do you fire your guns Mr. Rishala? Maybe you do not have enough space to fire your guns safely. Or maybe you are a fire arm safety inspector of some sort. If not then these LA guys are the stupidest fools on earth, because they are granting me (my wife and daughters name) for me to play around 6 more weapons besides the three that I own.

MY REQUEST TO YOU WOULD BE NOT TO MENTION TO THE LA, MY STUPID ABILITY OF NOT BEING ABLE TO HANDLE GUNS.

Your advise well taken.

Regards

Atul

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:04 pm

A responsible shooter takes a shot only when he is sure that the bullet is going to end up in a safe place after hitting or missing the target. He also never shoots targets against skyline with a rifle. Only shot guns shooting shot can be safely fired against the sky because the shot falls down to earth safely in less than 100 yards. A ricochet from a powerful rifle can tear up somebody pretty badly. When an accident occurs it would not be a pleasant experience for both the shooter and victim. Better safe than sorry.

I also don't understand why you shoot at water tanks with a 30-06 rifle. Hunting being banned the only reason for having a firearm nowadays is either self defense or target shooting. In either case one shoots at targets to understand how his gun shoots at different ranges and practices against targets to become proficient with his weapon. Strange.....