URGENT HELP REQUIRED (LOST GUN)

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED (LOST GUN)

Post by AnandNair » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:28 pm

aadhaulya wrote:FOUND THE REVOLVER
Atul
Thats it?? No party?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:09 pm

aadhaulya wrote:
Risala wrote:Being careless and irresponsible is putting it mildly.....he discharges shotgun slugs against a wall and 3006 on a water tank...he is a walking taking example of an accident waiting to happen...am a little surprised how he was even granted a licence in the first place.
Don't we all discharge a weapon against a back drop, a wall in my case as I have a huge terrace and nothing in the vicinity to take a hit from a ricochet. The rifle being much more powerful I shoot it at a water tank which is hundreds of feet higher so that a ricochet goes off in a safe direction.

Where do you fire your guns Mr. Rishala? Maybe you do not have enough space to fire your guns safely. Or maybe you are a fire arm safety inspector of some sort. If not then these LA guys are the stupidest fools on earth, because they are granting me (my wife and daughters name) for me to play around 6 more weapons besides the three that I own.

MY REQUEST TO YOU WOULD BE NOT TO MENTION TO THE LA, MY STUPID ABILITY OF NOT BEING ABLE TO HANDLE GUNS.

Your advise well taken.

Regards

Atul

Playing around with firearms?

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:05 pm

GNV wrote:A responsible shooter takes a shot only when he is sure that the bullet is going to end up in a safe place after hitting or missing the target. He also never shoots targets against skyline with a rifle. Only shot guns shooting shot can be safely fired against the sky because the shot falls down to earth safely in less than 100 yards. A ricochet from a powerful rifle can tear up somebody pretty badly. When an accident occurs it would not be a pleasant experience for both the shooter and victim. Better safe than sorry.

I also don't understand why you shoot at water tanks with a 30-06 rifle. Hunting being banned the only reason for having a firearm nowadays is either self defense or target shooting. In either case one shoots at targets to understand how his gun shoots at different ranges and practices against targets to become proficient with his weapon. Strange.....
GNV,
I do not shoot a rifle or for that matter even a shot gun anywhere that I can't see so that I am sure that the bullet hits a point and stops there and if by chance there is a ricochet the bullet will go off in a safe direction.
That said, I have no interest in target shooting and I do not expect to use it for self defense either. I use all my guns only for plinking.
GNV wrote:Playing around with firearms?
I actually love playing around with my guns. Dismantling them, cleaning and oiling them and occasionally bluing them and shooting a couple or rounds. I really freak out when on a farm where I shoot to my hearts content.
May be I can explain it better by the following example.
I own 2 safari's one is a 2 wheel drive for my regular use and the other one is a 4 wheel drive. Though, I have never come across a situation where a 4 wheel drive was actually required. That is also used by me for playing around, off roading and trying to navigate shallow streams.
I do not measure the depth of the water to evaluate the performance. I just do it to play around with my car.

I would also like to mention that a car is more likely to injure or kill a person as there are lot of unforeseen circumstances while driving on a public road. But handling a gun you make sure that all is clear before you fire, except maybe superman, if he suddenly decides to fly in at a very high speed.

Atul

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:23 pm

ATUL,
Plinking is also a kind of target shooting. By target shooting I don't mean shooting at paper targets at a fixed distance.
And " playing " is a wrong word. It gives wrong impression. You are trying to understand your weapons.
Can you say that a ricocheting bullet would go a certain way.
Please don't shoot like that.
Shoot safe and be responsible.

GNV.

P.S: It seems you had not fully realized the seriousness of the situation if you had lost your hand gun in the circumstances you had described. You would have been neck deep in bad s**t. And you were asking that how soon can I purchase a replacement. It is not that simple. You were very lucky and thank your Maker for that once again.

GNV

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:56 am

GNV,

Thanks, I do not doubt your good intentions but please note the following.
1. Our member chandan22 has been to the range with me. I prefer to go to a range that has no target and blast away at a blank wall. That is playing.
2. The direction of the ricocheting bullet is plain physics. I shoot at a much higher point where I am standing. Therefore,if I shoot at wall at an angle of say 45* the bullet will hit the wall (as it is huge and no chance of missing it) and disfigure badly, loose its power and go off at a higher angle of 45*. So when it falls it will have the shape and power of a pebble falling with no chance of even injuring any one.
3. I have gone through the arms act and could find the loosing of a gun under any offence of the arms act. Therefore, they will have to issue a license for a new gun under normal course or through the court.

Atul

PS: I needed confirmation on this issue

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Loosing a gun is not a crime but we all know how the police behaves in India especially in matters related to thefts etc. They assume or at least pretend as if the person reporting the crime is himself complicit in the crime. Probably you can tie your revolver to something like a string or chain, and other end to your belt. This way at least the revolver will not be able to "disappear" suddenly.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:18 pm

You are right GBM, you can never say anything about how the cops would have taken it or projected it. My .22 revolver doesn't have a ring to take a lanyard. I had bought it because it was available off the shelve. Now that the pistol is available with the dealers I am going to replace it as soon as i have arranged for the money.
One of the reasons I wanted a pistol was that a lanyard could be secured on it besides I always wanted a pistol.

Atul

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:45 pm

I would love to say - "All's well that ends well". But I wont. Please be extremely careful.

One of the reason for rejection of license is that "There is no safe place to store the gun" and hence possibility of theft. It is a very serious matter if your gun is lost and will impact your ability to apply for a new one.
klick klack..... diskaon

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:43 pm

diskaon wrote:I would love to say - "All's well that ends well". But I wont. Please be extremely careful.

One of the reason for rejection of license is that "There is no safe place to store the gun" and hence possibility of theft. It is a very serious matter if your gun is lost and will impact your ability to apply for a new one.
Thanks for the advice diskaon, one needs to be very careful with a lot of things like having a theft in my house, loosing my car, preventing my daughters from getting kidnapped or someone in the family getting murdered.
One can't be too careful with these things we can only take precautions that we are reasonably protected against such incidents.
Accidents are accidents and can happen to anyone. That is the reason they are called accidents. Also if someone meets with an accident he is not barred from a license to drive for ever.
I feel everyone should make out a priority wise list of things that need top security (gun security, daughter's security, financial security, car, home security etc. the list is endless)

Atul

PS: In the end I would like to add that theft is a theft and there is no special rule differentiating a gun theft from some other theft (like a stolen car that may be used for some terrorist activity).

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 am

you sure had a heart attack there..my friend
so happy you got it
regards
dr.jk

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:10 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote:you sure had a heart attack there..my friend
so happy you got it
regards
dr.jk
I hope you are not referring to my having a heart attack. ROTFL ROTFL
Though I almost got one...

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi Atul ji,

As said by GBM, there can be a lot of trouble if you lose a gun. This may mean that you have sold the gun illegally and pretending to lose the gun, or it may be you have used the weapon in a crime (in which your role has not yet been detected) and destroyed the weapon and pretending to lose it or several other inferences....

This video may give you an idea about the suspicion that is created by losing your weapon....

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Yes Ankur, the major problem lies in dealing with the cops. They can do anything they feel like.

Atul

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:24 am

aadhaulya wrote:
dr.jayakumar wrote:you sure had a heart attack there..my friend
so happy you got it
regards
dr.jk
I hope you are not referring to my having a heart attack. ROTFL ROTFL
Though I almost got one...
no pal...not at all
regards
dr.jk

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:44 pm

aadhaulya wrote:Yes Ankur, the major problem lies in dealing with the cops. They can do anything they feel like.

Atul
Most of them "Serve and Protect", Themselves and their Ego.......

Ankur