PURPOSE OF UIN

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ankur_ank007

Re: PURPOSE OF UIN

Post by ankur_ank007 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Hello All,

Now since Honourable Supreme Court has said no to UID (Aadhaar) I am wondering what can be done about UIN or the point in which we suggested to link biometric Aadhaar with Als to keep a check on duplicacy and fake license?

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:12 am

ankur_ank007 wrote:Hello All,

Now since Honourable Supreme Court has said no to UID (Aadhaar) I am wondering what can be done about UIN or the point in which we suggested to link biometric Aadhaar with Als to keep a check on duplicacy and fake license?

Regards
Even if Aadhaar is not linked to the UIN, LA can still go ahead with the biometric details on licenses like they have done with the passports at the time of renewal.

Atul

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:16 am

aadhaulya wrote:Even if Aadhaar is not linked to the UIN, LA can still go ahead with the biometric details on licenses like they have done with the passports at the time of renewal.

Atul
I have not read the Supreme Court order but one can safely say that forcing biometrics or personal measurements is not correct, it is at least torts violation as well as privacy violation. That is the exact reason why Identification of Prisoners Act, 1920 was enacted. It means that government can only force something like biometrics or personal measurements on prisoners and suspects only. If government is forcing it for passports, it does not mean it is lawfully right. It only means people are ignorant and blindly accepting them being presumed suspects. Similarly if the license holders meekly accept biometrics or similar nonsense, it may continue until license holders wake up.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:42 am

GBM,

The question is what can be done?? I need a passport and if they insist I will give the biometrics. The first time I had to do it was when I applied for a VISA for UK, so you want to go to UK you do as you are told or wait for years or your life time to get the world to change.
What can be done is that you probably give the biometrics and get a passport then fight it out alone as there wont be many people to fight it out with you most of them would be fence sitters.
Therefore, the question is who starts. I am not saying it can't be done, after all the independence movement must also have started the same way. I am not sure but I have a feeling that the majority of people who started the movement had nothing to lose.

Atul

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:58 pm

IIRC the courts ruled recently that a passport is not a "right" of a citizen, but in stead is document issued at the pleasure of the government. Unless I'm mistaken this case was being fought by one of the Kashmiri separatist leaders, who was contesting his denial of passport.

Keeping the above in mind, it would be safe to assume that the government can force citizen to provide any details (including biometric) for issuance of passport.

Not something I like or agree with, but it seems that is the way things stand today.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:03 pm

In Maneka Gandhi vs. Union of India, the Supreme Court has held the right to travel and go outside the country is included in the right to personal liberty guaranteed under Article 21. It also "discovered" inter connections between the three Articles 14, 19 and 21. The passport is something that is directly connected with traveling outside the country.

It is difficult to comment on judgment related to Kashmiri politicians, having dissenting political views seeking passport, without reading the judgement. As per realist theory of law, the law and judgments in practice depend on many factors including the personal biases, prejudices and political views of the lawmakers and judges.

Of course the government can force citizens to do whatever it wants, it can kidnap, kill, torture or rape, after all government is nothing but concentrated violent force. But the main question is, is it correct to do so? And above all, are the affected people really aware of the long term implications?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Most of the people would not be aware of their rights but the issue is that even if they are aware, are they willing to come forward to fight for their rights??
Also what about my VISA to UK, where I had to give my biometric details. Even if I was willing to fight for Indian rights what about UK??

Atul

Ashwani kajla
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ashwani kajla » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Sir

UIN number issue and found correct by license authority
But weapon purchases after generating of UIN and all india not update NDAL. ONLY license no.,name,father name,birth place show in NDAL.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:32 pm

I think its only purpose is getting your licences renewed in time..saw that in dec 17 while renewing my All India licences..the authorities renewed them quickly but were insisting on UIN...like aadhar for us

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:42 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Preventing or tracking crimes or forgeries does not appear to be the real agenda behind UIN/ UID(Aadhar) etc. Following needs to be understood and given serious thought -

1. When the data of National Crime Records Bureau itself says that crimes by legal firearms are less than 1%, then how all this is going to prevent or track crimes by targeting the law abiding? For any reasonable person, it is something difficult to understand.

2. In a democracy, the State is answerable to the citizens and not the other way round. By doing all this, the State is making citizens answerable to the government. By doing all this, UIN/ linking to UID(Aadhar)/ biometrics etc., it is changing the most important relationship between the State and the citizen. Rather than citizen creating and defining his own identity, the State is "providing" identity. It is gradually drifting to an undemocratic, totalitarian Police State.

3. Understand the unstated legal premise which is contrary to the Constitutional principles and values. The State is cleverly turning the law abiding citizens to the status of prisoners or suspects. Since the State cannot force its law abiding citizens to provide personal "measurements" like finger prints/ photographs etc., that is why Identification of Prisoners Act, 1920 was enacted to provide power to forcibly take these measurements of convicts and suspects. By creating UIN and linking to UID(Aadhar), the law abiding are being reduced to status of prisoners or suspects for "measurements" exactly as done in Identification of Prisoners Act, 1920. Overall, it is also a clever attempt to further protect the anti Constitutional provisions in the present Arms Act and its Rules.

Can anyone please provide the copy of the Notification that says UIN is compulsory for the license to be valid?
I appreciate your views and share same point of view regarding UIN. So many people mix two abbreviations UIN (for arms )and UID (which is adhaar no.)
Anyways the point of concern here is linkage of data to adhaar can be the sole motive which is like total spying on an individual.
The linkage of adhaar to everything will reveal all your details. In simple words govt. wants to peep into your bedroom.
They will know what you purchase at grocery store , how much fuel you burn and whatever you earn , how do you spend that.
Over and above your actions and privacy as to what guns you own and what are you writing and searching on internet over the time.
In case you happen to be a patriot or motherland sympathizer, and it seems there can be a threat coming their way from you or a likelihood of your participation in a protest against govt.
They just need to cath hold of your biometrics retina scan or whatever they call it and switch off your Adhaar.
That will be your digital death . You seize to exist. You cant use your bank, atm, phone, no licence or arms nothing. They dont need to put you in prison too.
A serious attitude is needed to study the repercussions of UID.
Sometime we naturally tend to compare it with Americas social security no. But the main differnce is its not linked to all your ids as it is in India.
Adhaar is foundation of the Police state where citizens will be reduced to prisoners as said by goodboy_mentor.
Simple defination of a soveriegn state says an territory demarked by fixed boundaries which constitutes people and acts as a protectorate of the rights of such people.
If the state starts infringing the rights of such people the very reason on which its existence is based is defeated.

But lets hope for the good. Maybe someday their system crashes and they stop with this tyranny. Well i tried a joke here. Haha

Thats all for now
A.S Sandhu
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

computerwork
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

UIN

Post by computerwork » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:51 pm

I DONT GOT UIN NUMBER. WHEN I APPROACHED IT FOR MY DISTRICT AUTHORITY HE TOLD IT WAS DONE IN 2014-15 WHY YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED AT THAT TIME WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:47 pm

The last date for UIN has been extended by Government of India to 30th June 2020, please ensure you get yours before then.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:03 pm

"1. If a person has more than one license from more than one state a separate UID will probably be granted to each one, when compared to one another, if the name of the licensee and other details such as age/date of birth, fathers name, address(in some cases), corroboratory IDs and address proofs etc. coincide, perhaps greater scrutiny will be applied to fish out those in this category"

I have been made to understand that obtaining individual Arms Licenses from two or more different states is an Arms Act offence as it can be issued from the place of domicile only. In case of change of permanent address, one has to notify the licensing authorities, even if its within the same city.
A famous Lyricist I knew had obtained an additional Arms license due to his proximity with the then CM of Rajasthan, but had to surrender his acquired weapon and license the moment the Licensing authorities of Mumbai learned of it. This was sometime in the 70s. He fortunately got out of the mess some how as the authority decided to go easy on him.

Marksman