buying used shotgun from other state

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: buying used shotgun from other state

Post by mundaire » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:22 pm

No Atul, it means that an individual arms licensee can sell his/ her arms without requiring a separate license for sale/ transfer. Section 5 of the Act deals with "5. LICENCE FOR MANUFACTURE, SALE, ETC., OF ARMS AND AMMUNITION".
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:32 pm

mundaire wrote:No Atul, it means that an individual arms licensee can sell his/ her arms without requiring a separate license for sale/ transfer. Section 5 of the Act deals with "5. LICENCE FOR MANUFACTURE, SALE, ETC., OF ARMS AND AMMUNITION".
Thanks, got it now.

Atul

hpsm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hpsm » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Vineet wrote:
hpsm wrote: Can anything be done like the individual sells directly to the arms dealer of Punjab
Individual can sell directly to arms dealer in Punjab if the sellers license is valid in Punjab. If no, then the seller will have to get NOC from DM to sell in Punjab.
hpsm wrote:I also wish to know if I can possess two guns, both dbbl 12g on one license?
For this you will have to enquire with your licensing branch. Some district licensing branches allow two guns on one license and some doesn't.
hpsm wrote:This one I am looking to buy is a Belgian made in 1945 with all proofmarks verified, approx market price according to you?
Some more details like co. name, ejector or non ejector, barrel length, choke type, chamber 65mm or 70 mm, condition of the gun and few pics will help to determine the cost of the gun.
Chandan22 wrote:Hello,
My understanding is that as per the Arms Act, any licenced individual can sell his/her weapon to any other similiarly licenced individual directly, with the requirement of notifying the relevant LA's and with a 45 day notice period. The requirements would be that the individual selling has the weapon endorsed on his licence, and the person buying has the particular weapon type allowed on his licence.
Chandan22, The buyer wants to buy gun from UP and his license is valid for Punjab only. Also we do not know whether seller's license is valid in Punjab or not. Assuming that the seller's license is not valid in Punjab, the arms act you have quoted does not apply in this case. Selling and purchasing can not take place without taking permission from ADM or DM.

Dear Mr Vineet I am talking about this one viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23759 , which was started as a different thread. To avoid spam on forum I am sharing the link.

hpsm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hpsm » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:50 pm

aadhaulya wrote:hpsm,

This is quite confusing. You have started 2 topics regarding the same issue.

Atul

This is not at all confusing. To avoid spamming the forum by reposting the pictures, I shared the link straightaway.(Saving those MBs)
From the first reply itself your behavior has been rude. I think that the forum members should be a little bit tolerant towards the new users.
Furthermore if you feel like this post is confusing please stay away from it.

Thanks and regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:41 am

Dear hpsm,

If there is a group of people and a new comer walks in, they would expect him to introduce himself. And some people may also consider it downright rude if the person just comes in and goes about his own work without even introducing himself. Even though there is a section dedicated for introductions
https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewforum.php?f=24
However, I sincerely apologize if I have offended you.

With warm regards

Atul