Entry of Weapon in Arms License - Within How Many Days Can Be Entered ?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
kushalchaudhary
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Entry of Weapon in Arms License - Within How Many Days Can Be Entered ?

Post by kushalchaudhary » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:18 am

Dear Experts,

I hold a valid arms license. I got my Pistol deleted from my license on 01.04.2015 and got new Purchase Period upto 31.03.2016. Now I have purchased a revolver on 12.08.2015 i.e. the date on Invoice and Sale Certificate.
My query is that within how many days from the date of purchase, I can go to office of district magistrate for entry of my weapon in the arms license as I have only the Invoice and sale certificate so as of now.
Is there any limit of 7 days or 30 days, within which licencee is bound to get his/her weapon entered in the Arms License after its purchase.

Warm Regards,

Kushal

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Entry of Weapon in Arms License - Within How Many Days Can Be Entered ?

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:43 am

Yes, there is a time limit to get the weapon endorsed. I think it is 15 days in Gurgaon.

Atul

kushalchaudhary
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kushalchaudhary » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:47 am

aadhaulya wrote:Yes, there is a time limit to get the weapon endorsed. I think it is 15 days in Gurgaon.

Atul
Mr. Atul
Can you please get me the literature regarding this? where is this mentioned in the Arms Rules ?
Regards,
Kushal

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:00 am

Kushal,

I have no idea if it is mentioned anywhere in the Arms Rules. This is what I was told by the LA in Gurgaon and I did not get anything in writing. That is the reason I mentioned "I think' and specified Gurgaon.

Atul

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:23 am

Hi Kushal,

It is mostly in discretion of the concerned police authority to verify the details. Most of time they are occupied with their routine duty. I think the time period provided on your license is for purchase and also get update in your AL book.

I am surprise that you have received a purchase period for 1 year. AL in Telangana give 3 month, extendible by written request mentioning the reason and necessary documents.

Good luck and post pics
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

kushalchaudhary
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kushalchaudhary » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:02 pm

StampMaster wrote:Hi Kushal,

It is mostly in discretion of the concerned police authority to verify the details. Most of time they are occupied with their routine duty. I think the time period provided on your license is for purchase and also get update in your AL book.

I am surprise that you have received a purchase period for 1 year. AL in Telangana give 3 month, extendible by written request mentioning the reason and necessary documents.

Good luck and post pics
Dear Stampmaster

In Punjab, the LA gives you one years PP at the first instance itself and that is further extended rarely. Thanks for the reply.

Kushal

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:33 pm

I got my Pistol deleted from my license on 01.04.2015 and got new Purchase Period upto 31.03.2016.
AFAIK, you have till 31-03-2016 to produce the firearm for inspection and get it entered on the license. If anyone knows of any rule/ notification to the contrary, please do share.

Cheers!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chengy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:45 pm

I think he wants to know the period from which he gets possession of the weapon till time it is endorsed on the licence. I don't think he can keep the weapon from 12-08-2015 (date of purchase) till 31-03-2016. My advice would be to do it ASAP

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:36 pm

As I have said earlier, it seems as if every district licensing branch have their own set of rules. The best thing is to enquire with your licensing branch.

In our district we have to report within 4-5 days after purchasing the weapon to the licensing branch. In one case, a person got delayed by 15 days. The Superintendent to the ADC told him to get his weapon entry application signed by the ADC as he was very late. (Normally we don't have to get the application signed by the ADC. The Superintendent approves himself). The ADC scolded him for coming so late.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:27 pm

AFAIK, a time period for purchase of firearm includes the production of the firearm for inspection and entry into the license. Generally there is no separate time given one for purchase and then another for production before LA. The normal course of action wold be that once the procurement takes place, to avoid "trouble", licensees will take it for inspection immediately (some like me will do it the same day).
In certain circumstances such as, the procurement having taken place from out side town may involve your return to your home by train or bus which may take a few days, or in situations where there may be a public holiday or the LA being on leave or the announcement of Election Code of Conduct or due to ill health of licensee etc.
So technically if you have been given say 3 months from today as purchase period, and you went to the shop today itself and bought the gun, you still have 3 months to submit for inspection. However, there will be exceptions to this considering how things are in India!
Regards,
Anand

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:40 pm

Vineet wrote:As I have said earlier, it seems as if every district licensing branch have their own set of rules. The best thing is to enquire with your licensing branch.
In our district we have to report within 4-5 days after purchasing the weapon to the licensing branch. In one case, a person got delayed by 15 days. The Superintendent to the ADC told him to get his weapon entry application signed by the ADC as he was very late. (Normally we don't have to get the application signed by the ADC. The Superintendent approves himself). The ADC scolded him for coming so late.
Vineet,

I agree with you, these guys do not follow the rules as per the book and make their own rules. If someone wants them to follow the rules he is welcome to go to court. A current live example is Ankur's case https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... =3&t=23696

Besides there may be an issue with the purchase of ammo except the ones bought with the weapon. (But about ammo I am not sure)

Atul