Most Common Points Raised by LAs to Reject Arms Licences

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ankur_ank007

Most Common Points Raised by LAs to Reject Arms Licences

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Dear Learned Friends,

I have been working extensively since my Arms Licence Application is moving... I have prepared a sheet of some common points raised by LAs to reject applications....

Please review and share your views.
Common Points raised by LA to reject AL.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Most Common Points Raised by LAs to Reject Arms Licences

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Ankur,

This you have done a very good job of compiling the cases with examples of cases. What happened to your file when you were supposed to meet these officials (was it last week??).

Atul

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:07 pm

aadhaulya wrote:Ankur,

This you have done a very good job of compiling the cases with examples of cases. What happened to your file when you were supposed to meet these officials (was it last week??).

Atul
Thanks Atul SIr,

Yes, I was about to meet last week but there is no notification yet from the SP office, The date to meet the District Collector (LA in this case) is this 29th of August.
If you or other members can share some other points or add other judgements in the answer sections, it would be great in helping applicants in near future. I have not taken much references through Ganesh Chandra Bhat Case since the relationship of RKBA with Article 21 of the Indian Constitution explained briefly by Justice M. Katju was struck down by a larger bench of Allahabad High Court in a Special Writ Petition.

Regards

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:45 pm

May add two more judgments of Supreme Court mentioned here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 95#p173906

Is there any link for NCRB data on its website?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:01 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:May add two more judgments of Supreme Court mentioned here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 95#p173906
B
Is there any link for NCRB data on its website?
Thanks Mr. Mentor,

I will surely add it on my copy. Also request you all to add the paras of judgement with case details under each point raised as well as new points if any comes to mind. For ease I will post a .doc file of the same asap. Also, I will post the link of NCRB website soon.

Regards.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Forgive me if these are not directly in context to your requirement, I have gathered them mostly from IFG itself and also on the net. Depending on their requirements members can use these too.
Regards,
Anand
Moderators please delete this message if its out of context or irrelevant, Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:56 am

@GMB

here you go http://ncrb.nic.in/CD-CII2013/CII13-TAB ... %203.7.pdf
This the link from NCRB... one thing here is that all the licensed firearms related homicides are not further classified i.e. if they were accidental or due to celebratory firing or if they were justified homicides (self defense). Had they been further classified the actual number of licensed firearms related homicides due to criminal activity would be close to zero.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Anand wrote:Forgive me if these are not directly in context to your requirement, I have gathered them mostly from IFG itself and also on the net. Depending on their requirements members can use these too.
Regards,
Anand
Moderators please delete this message if its out of context or irrelevant, Thanks.

Anand Ji,

Excellent Work. If I find relevant points in all these judgments I shall add it to my letter and also make a generic questionnaire which can help the applicants in case their application is rejected due to whatsoever reason.

Regards

mridulsitai
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mridulsitai » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:10 am

File not download