applying for additional weapon

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
leeenfield13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

applying for additional weapon

Post by leeenfield13 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:16 pm

hello . good evening to all .
i am hemant from chhattisgarh . i have a rifle licence for the past 6 years and wish to have a revolver as well
. do i have to apply for a fresh licence and go through all the procedure again what was followed during rifle licence or it can be added on my existing licence ? i was attacked by some people and case was being lodged against them which is undertrial .
does a copy of FIR going to be of any help ?
can someone please help me with the procedure ?
warm regards . hemant sharma

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: applying for additional weapon

Post by aadhaulya » Wed May 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Hemant,

You have to give an application on a plain paper quoting the need for the revolver. Including the copy of the FIR and case number also if the persons are on bail, would be an additional help.
But the whole process of getting a new License will be followed and in some states the additional weapon is endorsed on the same License and in some states a separate License is given for each weapon.
Hope it helps.

Regards

Atul

leeenfield13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by leeenfield13 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:19 pm

respected aadhaulya ji ,
good afternoon and thanks for sparing time for my issue . i will check the formalities for the procedure and will surely let you know , what happens . thanks again sir . warm regards . hemant sharma .

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:39 pm

(y) go ahead and do it.

Regards

Atul

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:17 am

Dear All,

I am from Hyderabad, Telangana. I am not trying to hijack the topic. And I have read the other posts in this matter on the forum and searching on the internet.

I am planning to apply for additional weapon license and increase in ammo quota from present 100 to 200/250. I currently hold a .22LR rifle and my license in endorsed with Rifle/DBBL. I've got this issued as we stay in farm land, located about 5kms from the nearest village.

1. What questions can be expected from this LA for my request for Ammo and additional license.
2. What documents have to be provided at the time of application.

As per my knowledge a DM would be the head of licensing authority in districts and DCP for Urban area. But I've come to know that the LA lies in the hands of DRO (District Revenue Officer). As my last renewal is done by Tehsildar and DRO.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:48 am

Dear StampMaster,

LA wont ask you any questions regarding the matter. You have to apply on plain paper giving your reasons for requirement of the additional weapon and additional ammo quota. If you have any documents to support your requirement you may attach them with your application but that is not really necessary.
After the process of verification is completed the LA may ask you to justify the reason you have given for the additional requirements.

Regards

Atul Adhaulya

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Thanks Atul ji for an early reply.

Well who exactly is LA in district- DM, DRO or anyone else.

I have recently written to MHA and have received a reply from them. . However nothing has been mentioned on the LA for district. And the site referred has says DM for district.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:25 am

I do not know who is the LA in a district. But normally in cities the LA is the Joint Commissioner of Police and in smaller cities it is the DM.

Regards

Atul