Draft Arms Rules, 2015 : Comments/views invited now !

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ajayplahane
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Draft Arms Rules, 2015 : Comments/views invited now !

Post by ajayplahane » Fri May 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Friends,
I think, to make things simple, we or the ones who are preparing the draft, should make it in a table format with following heading.... 1. Sr. no. 2. Rule no. of proposed rules 3. proposed provision 4. Why it needs to be changed 5. change suggested....
Such table format is very easy to understand for the concerned officer, and is also easy to get corrections done in the draft they have.
Some pages of points covering overall opinion, comments on policy, its contradictions etc may be put in at the outset.
This will help all to understand things easily, as well as to convince others at the time of discussions....

I have many points in mind, but two things for the brain teasers....
1. The language is not at all of a bureaucrat. It is written by somebody else who might have put in his own requirements in the draft,
2. What is the relevance of putting Chartered Accountant in the rules, in definitions section, when there is no single mention of him in the whole set of rules...?

Cheers,
Ajay Lahane

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri May 08, 2015 2:02 pm

same object as before to make one run from the pillar to the post. or in modern terms they treat everyone like a football, to be kicked around.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri May 08, 2015 3:30 pm

ajayplahane wrote:Friends,
I think, to make things simple, we or the ones who are preparing the draft, should make it in a table format with following heading.... 1. Sr. no. 2. Rule no. of proposed rules 3. proposed provision 4. Why it needs to be changed 5. change suggested....
Such table format is very easy to understand for the concerned officer, and is also easy to get corrections done in the draft they have.
Some pages of points covering overall opinion, comments on policy, its contradictions etc may be put in at the outset.
This will help all to understand things easily, as well as to convince others at the time of discussions....
I have many points in mind, but two things for the brain teasers....
1. The language is not at all of a bureaucrat. It is written by somebody else who might have put in his own requirements in the draft,
2. What is the relevance of putting Chartered Accountant in the rules, in definitions section, when there is no single mention of him in the whole set of rules...?
Cheers,
Ajay Lahane
:agree:
Ajay, but it is not making things simple, for someone to take out time to create a format as suggested with all the rules listed out, I think. But the NAGRI/ RKBA fellows already know most of the objections that the members are going to suggest. They are probably looking out for some opinion that they might have missed out.
Therefore, I would prefer to leave it to these guys to take a decision on how to get more ideas.
GBM would be giving his views in a day or two (as posted by him on 4th).
I would rather wait for his views on the issue and a draft of the mail to be sent by us individually.

Regards

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri May 08, 2015 7:53 pm

I agree we need to sent emails and draft needs to be prepared. Besides everyone, I am also working on it, but this does not mean everyone should stop thinking or contributing ideas. We still have time, it is within 30 days from date of uploading the document on MHA website. No point in sending hurried or emotional responses that does not have legal substance in it. It is the ideas from this thread that has made me think more deeply about the matter of licensing, area validity issues etc. and criminal liability that is being created under Arms Act 1959 and how to deal with it. I will be posting about the same in this thread shortly. It will help everyone to understand the legal game as well draft responses accordingly. If someone disagrees for any reason, please feel free to disagree but do tell the reasons for disagreement, so that I can understand.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri May 08, 2015 8:00 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:I agree we need to sent emails and draft needs to be prepared. Besides everyone, I am also working on it, but this does not mean everyone should stop thinking or contributing ideas. We still have time, it is within 30 days from date of uploading the document on MHA website. No point in sending hurried or emotional responses that does not have legal substance in it. It is the ideas from this thread that has made me think more deeply about the matter of licensing, area validity issues etc. and criminal liability that is being created under Arms Act 1959 and how to deal with it. I will be posting about the same in this thread shortly. It will help everyone to understand the legal game as well draft responses accordingly. If someone disagrees for any reason, please feel free to disagree but do tell the reasons for disagreement, so that I can understand.
GBM,

A lot of pwople have given their views, emotional or otherwise including myself. But to make the task easier for you, it needs to be in a structured format. That I am unable to think how it can be done.

Regards

Atul

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri May 08, 2015 8:15 pm

aadhaulya wrote:GBM,

A lot of pwople have given their views, emotional or otherwise including myself. But to make the task easier for you, it needs to be in a structured format. That I am unable to think how it can be done.

Regards

Atul
Format is not a problem. May have a look at draft objections sent earlier in following thread http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=93
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri May 08, 2015 8:32 pm

:stupid: Sorry GBM, I am a little 'Computer Challenged' as I have still not understood what I should look for in that thread.

Regards

Atul

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

New Armes Rules 2015

Post by James_Bond » Fri May 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Please published yours views wheather this Arms rules are best for gun enthusiasts. Sorry I am not able to upload the PDF attachment. Kindly see on MHA web site
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New Armes Rules 2015

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat May 09, 2015 7:36 am

James_Bond wrote:Please published yours views wheather this Arms rules are best for gun enthusiasts. Sorry I am not able to upload the PDF attachment. Kindly see on MHA web site
These draft rules are worst than the present rules. Will be publishing my views very soon in few days. Working on it.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun May 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Gents, I am really sorry - I honestly tried to read the whole proposed text through! I must admit defeat, after several heavy doses of Novalgin, I still don't understand head or tail of it. Kudos Sharma-ji - I really do give up!

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=675
Right, well said hks2056!

IOU, er.. I'm sorry I mean't IOF...No, no, what I really mean't is that every gun owner in India should be a certified and qualified master gunsmith before they are allowed to buy any IOF product (including the ammo).

Why ammo - you may ask?

The Govt. realized what Gabbar Singh said (may have implied in his famous dialogue - director's cut) long ago, in SHOLAY could have been true and hence required (question Gabbar? - at your own risk, being the logic)!

Therefore, in the new proposed arms rules 2015....they want:

"Thakur, is goli pe tera naam hai" (not to mention serial number)!

Actually I have a great idea, since only 50 rounds are allowed per firearm, why not manufacture ammo with photo ID's on each individual bullet and the case - that way the IOF can at least justify their existence while claiming "latest, improved technology" - PLUS very easily tracked - right? ROTFL

:deadhorse:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun May 10, 2015 2:27 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
I LOVE YOU <3

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu May 14, 2015 6:02 pm

I tried but it tooo heavy to decipher for IT guy like me, It would really help if we cant get some draft response, just like what done in the net neutrality TRAI scenario, we can then bombard the MHA with the feedback from all the emails that we have

mbsolan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mbsolan » Fri May 15, 2015 7:34 am

A real campaign is required to get heard. Max emails...

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri May 15, 2015 7:47 am

Awaiting views of GBM, before sending the mails.

Regards

Atul

mbsolan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mbsolan » Mon May 18, 2015 3:39 pm

HOMECITYAURANGABAD

Arms dealers cry foul over decreased quota and increased fees

Mohammed Akhef,TNN | May 18, 2015, 03.19AM I

AURANGABAD: The arms dealers in the region are confused about the Centre's proposed changes in the Arms Act Rules,1962, however, shooters and coaches across the region welcomed some of the changes. 

The Government of India had posted the draft copy of The Arms Rules, 2015 online a month back and invited feedback from firearm manufacturers, firearm licence holders, gunsmiths, firearm importers and exporters and rifle associations across the country. 

The arms dealers from the state recently held a meeting in Mumbai. They are in touch with Bombay high court lawyers and representatives of the groups plan to take up the issues with the Centre. 

The proposed rules state that air weapons, firearm replicas, electronic disabling devices with firing range more than 4.5 metres and accessories would require a licence fee of Rs 500 and an equal amount of annual renewal fees. 

The dealers said that till date there was no fees for getting firearms licence for self/crop/cattle protection, and a meagre amount of Rs 30 was charged for renewal of muzzle loading gun/rifle and Rs 50 for revolver or pistol issued to farmers, which has now been increased to Rs 2,000. 

Ajitsinh Shinde, one of the leading firearm dealers from the region said, "Through these rules, the government wants to introduce foreign direct investment in arms and ammunitions and within a decade we will have an open weapon market in the country." 

The government has proposed to increase the quota of cartridges for Arjuna awardees to one lakh bullets. The district magistrate has the discretionary powers to allot the number of cartridges but now the government want to fix a quota starting from 200 to 1,00,000, said Shinde. 

Mohammed Fasihuddin, a Nanded-based arms dealer said, "As per the new rules, the Arjuna awardees are allowed to possess one lakh bullets at a time and can purchase two lakh bullets annually for all types of weapons. International and renowned shooters have been allotted a quota of one lakh bullets, of which they can possess 50,000 bullets at a time. The junior target shooters may possess 10,000 bullets for rifle or pistol .22 at a time and annually they will be allowed to purchase 30,000 bullets. But nothing has been mentioned on the safety and security norms. There has to be some specific guidelines." 

Earlier, no fee was charged for sending firearms to gunsmith for minor repairs, now an initial fee of Rs 5,000 have been proposed. The fee is quite hefty, he said. 

The introduction of a clause allowing licence for composite import and export of firearms, the arms and ammunition dealers are worried that it will have a direct impact on their business as some of the major private players will enter the local market, said Ranjit Singh Daroga, another arms dealer from the region. 

A firearms dealer from Mumbai said, "The Government of India in 1983 had banned the composite import and export licence for arms and ammunitions but it has appeared in the Arms Rules 2015 that there will be an initial fee of Rs 1,000 for the purpose. This means that the government is mooting to open the Indian market for FDI in arms and ammunitions." 

The dealer pointed out that as per the proposed rules, a transporter carrying the consignment of firearms and ammunitions will have to get a transportation licence by paying Rs 10,000. Earlier, the company didn't have to apply and get a licence. 

Dhananjay Patil, a transporter from the city said, "If the government imposes these charges, I doubt if the dealers or manufacturers would find any transporter to carry their consignments. Even if the dealers pay, who will do all the legwork to get the transportation licence." 

The government also proposes to limit the maximum quantity of firearms with the firearm dealers. On an average, the dealers are allowed to take custody of about 1,000 each of handguns (revolvers and pistols), shotguns, rifles, muzzle loader guns and unlimited air weapons. The new rule limits it to 200 each. 

But not everybody is unhappy about the proposed changes. Saad Naqshbandi, renowned shooter and gunsmith said that the increased quota for Arjuna awardees will help them perform at the international level. "The limited quota and poor quality of firearms have always prevented our players from making a mark at international level," he said. 

Manish Dhoot, secretary of the District Rifle Association said, "The government plans to generate a unique identification number while granting a licence or renewal and keep a record of it. The data will be available with the district, state as well as the central government." 

Samrat Deshmukh, coach at MGM shooting academy said that the move by the government to increase the bullets quota will help train shooters for international events. 

A senior police official said that earlier any arms dealer would issue firearm training certificate but as per the draft anyone applying for a gun licence is required to complete arms and ammunition safety training course from an accredited trainer or an accredited shooting club or association only. He welcomed move. 

Major concerns of the arms dealers 

* The trade of 12 bore single/double barrel guns/NP bore rifle, revolver, pistol may be reserved only for small traders and micro repairing units 

* The enhancement in quotas for shooters is not justified. There are no safety measures in place. Cut down on the quota for dealers will impact business. Shooters should be allowed to do any business 

* The proposed enhancement in various fees under the rules is very steep 

* Shooting ranges should be brought under the Sports Authority of India and the state government

TapaTalk smartfone