Draft Arms Rules, 2015 : Comments/views invited now !

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Draft Arms Rules, 2015 : Comments/views invited now !

Post by airgun_novice » Tue May 26, 2015 7:23 pm

We also need to take another look at the way AL is granted to the Aspiring Shooter and the discrimination among competitive shooters based on their status in the community.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed May 27, 2015 12:11 pm

A comprehensive letter has been drafted and posted at http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 94#p230480

Those who have already sent email, may again send the above in email. There is no prohibition on sending multiple ideas. In order to ensure that they do not call it spam, one may also lodge grievance at MHA mentioning all these details at http://pgportal.gov.in/

Since the message is too long for the text box in the above mentioned pgportal website, you can upload the entire message as an attachment, may write a short message in the text box stating that the proposed Arms Rules 2015 have been written with out due application of mind or care and attention and seriously offending the Constitution, directing to read the attachment for complete details. Since the proposed Arms Rules 2015 have been written with out due application of mind or care and attention and seriously offending the Constitution, there is no need to go ahead with them.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed May 27, 2015 3:14 pm

I guess we are now past the time period to lodge our views. when will be the amended (if any) act or finalized draft be published? - any idea?
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed May 27, 2015 4:43 pm

snIPer wrote:I guess we are now past the time period to lodge our views. when will be the amended (if any) act or finalized draft be published? - any idea?
I don't think we are past the date. It is 30 days from date of publication. Even if it is past 30 days, there is no harm in sending the email and simultaneously lodging a grievance because it is seriously violating Constitutional provisions. The grievance will have to be addressed, such matter can never be a subject of 30 days limit.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed May 27, 2015 4:58 pm

I did some google, i think it was released on 30 April

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Wed May 27, 2015 9:56 pm

I have posted my thoughts on the issue that I found discomforting. Hope it does not end up in their "spam". Have not received any reply - not even automated one. regs, A.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Anyone here logged complaint on pgportal & got reply? I got a mail notification now, saying this. I mentioned a concise of our suggestions about arms rules revisions in the description. Looks like a template reply.

with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:36 am

TC wrote:I don't know how far this is true but a source informed yesterday that the Amendments have been drafted not by officials in the home ministry but by a chartered accountant handpicked by the government. He is a certain Mr Sharma (I am not mentioning the first name on purpose) who lives in Amritsar. He is also said to be a part time stock broker. Would be obliged if anybody in the forum who has inside knowledge about the drafting committee or who lives in Amritsar can verify this.
Adding the following links to the above for reading more information:

1. http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 60#p171465

2. http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mh ... gement.pdf