transfer of weapon on family heirlooms

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
abhishekghuge
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

transfer of weapon on family heirlooms

Post by abhishekghuge » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:32 pm

dear sir,
myself abhishek from maharashtra ,last week i issued fresh arm licence for revolver/pistol from district magistrate .my grandfather who was holding arm licence for .32 bore revolver was expired in 2008 and my father handover the gun in local police station . now i intend to transfer the said weapon in my name under family heirlooms the other legal heir has no objection if the weapon is transfered in my name. but the licensing officer is saying that there is no such provision in arms act to transfer the weapon from grandfather to grandson .i told them on inheritance basis u can transfer the weapon but they are refusing
i just want to know is it possible to transfer the weapon from grandfather to grandson? is anybody from forum has tranfer in such manner ? if yesi i need the copy
thanking you
Last edited by abhishekghuge on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: transfer of weapon on family heirlooms

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:37 pm

Abhishek,

Grandchildren are allowed to acquire and possess weapons under the 'Family Heirloom' catagory as per the letter no. V-11016/16/2009=Arms, issued by the 'Ministry of Home Affairs on 07-01-2011. The copy is attached for your reference.

Regards
LEGAL HEIRLOOM GRAND CHILDREN MHA 2011 NOTIFICATION.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi Abhishek,

welcome to IFG and congratulation on your license approval.

One can transfer their arms license to their heirloom on proving gift deed and NOC from other family heirloom on Rs 20 bond paper notarized. Refer the below sites and also google for court orders and arms law...

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 1&start=15
http://www.mha.nic.in/hindi/sites/uploa ... 080410.pdf

I would suggest you to do your best to get back your deposited weapon by providing the court and law citing. If you still have problem with the authorities hire a lawyer for your help.

Hope thing will sort much before your hire a lawyer. There are legal experts and experienced professional in the forum who could provide better insight.

Happy shooting..post your experience. Cheers
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

abhishekghuge
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abhishekghuge » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:40 am

sir , i have already attach the arm policy for individual with my application but they are still refusing saying that grandson is not mentioned in the policy.
does anybody had transfered the weapon from grandfather to grandson?
plzzzz reply thanx

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 am

aadhaulya wrote:Abhishek,

Grandchildren are allowed to acquire and possess weapons under the 'Family Heirloom' catagory as per the letter no. V-11016/16/2009=Arms, issued by the 'Ministry of Home Affairs on 07-01-2011. The copy is attached for your reference.

Regards
LEGAL HEIRLOOM GRAND CHILDREN MHA 2011 NOTIFICATION.pdf
Abhishek,

The attachment on my reply is not the 'Copy of Arms Policy' it is the letter itself that is issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs clarifying that grand children are added to the list of persons covered under 'Family Heirloom' category.
If your LA doesn't except this letter then even if someone who has got it in some other place also won't help you.
The only option you have is going legal (This is my opinion).

Regards

aim1215
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aim1215 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:01 pm

I am pankaj from sangli maharashtra
I had done similar work but as per home ministry pol 9 notification u can get the deposited weapon under section 21 of arm act back from police armoury within limit of 6 months after the date of deposition by applying at hon dm where that late licensee got the License priviously if delay is more than 6 months then no right to dm to return the weapons because it becomes govt property automatically
thax and regards !!!!

abhishekghuge
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by abhishekghuge » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:37 pm

thank you everybody for ur reply
hope for the best

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:07 pm

aim1215 wrote:I am pankaj from sangli maharashtra
I had done similar work but as per home ministry pol 9 notification u can get the deposited weapon under section 21 of arm act back from police armoury within limit of 6 months after the date of deposition by applying at hon dm where that late licensee got the License priviously if delay is more than 6 months then no right to dm to return the weapons because it becomes govt property automatically
thax and regards !!!!
Does any one have a copy or knowledge of this notification.

Regards

Adityaknp
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: transfer of weapon to son

Post by Adityaknp » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi , i am from uttar pradesh my father is having a licence of pistol and he is 60 years old having many medical issues and want to transfer his weapon to me
My question is that the licence authority in uttar pradesh are not making new licence holders in that case do i have any option on behalf of the reason that my dad is willing to tranfer his gun to his son

panzernain
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: transfer of weapon to son

Post by panzernain » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Adityaknp wrote:Hi , i am from uttar pradesh my father is having a licence of pistol and he is 60 years old having many medical issues and want to transfer his weapon to me
My question is that the licence authority in uttar pradesh are not making new licence holders in that case do i have any option on behalf of the reason that my dad is willing to tranfer his gun to his son
Don't worry. In U.P licensing authorities are allowed to issue arms licence in 3 cases- sports category, inheritance and self defence (if you have registered an FIR of 307). If license application is being refused, then meet the DM of your district. Also carry a copy of Arms Rules 2017. It has rule on inheritance.