advice regarding family heirloom

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
yadavMJ
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

advice regarding family heirloom

Post by yadavMJ » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:22 pm

hi members,
same question as before, but now need a urgent advice before going to licensing authority
here i’ve posted image of my nana ji’s arm license for SBBL issuing state was Uttar Pradesh
i’m residing in delhi, now my question is that, i’m eligible for transfer of same license in my name under family heirloom policy of arm act in delhi
i’m planing to go to defence colony police station tomorrow in same regards.
thankyou for your advice
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: advice regarding family heirloom

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:05 am

Dear yadavMJ,

You can apply for an arms license under the 'family heirloom' category where ever you reside. It does not matter from where the original license was issued. Off course all the documents must be in place.
As per the latest circular on this issue, that I have read somewhere on this forum itself, says that 'grand children' can also inherit firearms under the 'family heirloom' category.
But you will need an affidavit from all the heirs individually, stating that they have no objection in transferring the weapon in your name.
Please do share if you find some other or more information on the subject from the LA at Defense Colony tomorrow.

Regards

yadavMJ
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by yadavMJ » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:53 am

I was there on monday, and found all members very cooperative, first i go to reception at ground floor and ask to the lady receptionist but she gives a negative answer that how can you make that license when your grandfather belong to different state, when i insist her she forward me to MR. Harpaal who was checking arm for renewal of others license in outside area, i had some patience at that counter and they give answer to all my queries, i tell them all the story related to the case, and they said that i can apply for the same with some NOC from all legal heirs and an indemnity bond along with arm deposition slip.
Now its time to collect all the document and apply for the license
Lest see what happen next

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Good Luck yadavMJ! (y)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!