Area extension application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Area extension application rejected

Post by mundaire » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:55 pm

As per (draft) Arms Rules 2015 (posted on MHA website), the power to increase area of validity to all India is going to revert back to the State Governments. I'd advise to reapply for all India once these new rules are notified.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:11 pm

mundaire wrote:As per (draft) Arms Rules 2015 (posted on MHA website), the power to increase area of validity to all India is going to revert back to the State Governments. I'd advise to reapply for all India once these new rules are notified.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
That would be good news, if it happens.

Atul

Kistenze
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kistenze » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:38 pm

That will be geart, was thinking to reaply now wil wait for it .
Thanks for sharing the information
Cheers!
Amit

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:25 pm

mundaire wrote:As per (draft) Arms Rules 2015 (posted on MHA website), the power to increase area of validity to all India is going to revert back to the State Governments. I'd advise to reapply for all India once these new rules are notified.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Are you saying about the second draft put up on MHA website, the one mentioned in the following post in another thread https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 26#p233326

Was unable to find any thing that says DM will be able to issue all India license. At present also, isn't it the home secretary of State that issues all India license?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:51 am

As things stand today (post the illegal April 2010 MHA advisory), the power to extend area validity to All India has been vested with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. However, in certain "special cases", the licensing authority can extend area of validity without having to refer the application to MHA - these are certain VIP categories as well as renown shooters.

As per the draft Arms Rules, the power to extend area of validity to All India has been reverted back to the State Government - this is how it used to be pre-April 2010 MHA advisory.

Essentially this means that it won't be next to impossible (as it is now) to get area of validity extended to all India. Though I don't expect it to be either simple or easy - just more within the realm of "possible".

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein