is arms licence holders require to fill UIM form

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
gladiatornavi
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

is arms licence holders require to fill UIM form

Post by gladiatornavi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm

As reported in some of regional newspaper that arms licence holders are required to fill some form as a nation vide campaign by government to computerise the arms licence data Base.as reported by newspaper it has to be done by 30 Sept otherwise the licence will become invalid.don't know how authentic these news are, any member who can threw more light on this.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: is arms licence holders require to fill UIM form

Post by bandukbhandar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Yes, every arms licence holder is required to fill this form.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Newspaper reports never have any force of law. The forms that have to be filled are mentioned in Arms Rules 1962 and Schedule III. Arms license is issued as per provisions of Arms Act and its Rules. The license will become invalid only when it violates the provisions of the Arms Act or its Rules. Unless Arms Act or its Rules ask for filling UIM form, how can a license become invalid is difficult to understand. So please check if Arms Act or its Rules have been amended for this purpose.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:29 pm

do not know about rest of INDIA but in my neck of the woods, one is asked to go to the arms branch with licence and a UID number is given thats all. no form etc.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:09 pm

I've been hearing of a 'UID',, that the licenses would be in smart card format. I check with the arms licensing branch at my district administration and was told that some form of conversion is to take place after 1st. Oct. However, they have no clue as to what and who is going to to it.

Would anyone be aware of what it is?
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:05 pm

As per reports the UID was to be introduced last year. In some districts of Haryana they are issuing this number. There is no major issue in that, you just go to the LA and they write an additional UID number on the original license.
But in my district no such number is being issued.

Regards

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:28 am

Katana wrote:Would anyone be aware of what it is?
A case about this UID thing is going on in Supreme Court.
The status of the cases can be seen on the following link:

http://courtnic.nic.in/supremecourt/cas ... ew_alt.asp

The names and number of the cases that have been covered in this blog are given below:

W.P(C) No. 439 of 2012 titled S. Raju v. Govt. of India and Others pending before the D.B. of the High Court of Judicature at Madras.
PIL No. 10 of 2012 titled Vickram Crishna and Others v. UIDAI and Others pending before the High Court of Judicature at Bombay.
W.P. No. 833 of 2013 titled Aruna Roy & Anr v. Union of India & Ors.
W.P. No. 829 of 2013 titled S.G. Vombatkere & Anr v. Union of India & Ors.
Petition(s) for Special Leave to Appeal (Crl) No(s).2524/2014 titled Unique Identification Authority of India & another v. Central Bureau of Investigation.

All the above cases have now been linked with the ongoing Supreme Court case of K. Puttaswamy v. Union of India.
Source http://cis-india.org/internet-governanc ... dhaar-case

One may read the following and links within it, to get an idea of what wrong is going on http://www.moneylife.in/article/illegal ... 37029.html
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:53 am

yes,i had done already.it seems a must.
regards
dr.jk

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:10 am

I have it from the Arms clerk that all licenses as they come for renewal will automatically be issued a unique number that validates their legality. No separate notification has been issued in this regard AFIK. I had my Father-in-Law's license renewed, the license itself does not carry the Unique number, but it is tagged to his license file along with date renewed and duration and expiry date on the computer database that is accessible to the officers of the Govt. of India or other states as is required.
Regards,
Anand