Delhi high courts decision to all air guns as fire arms

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
narayanan3
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Delhi high courts decision to all air guns as fire arms

Post by narayanan3 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:30 pm

Does anyone know anything about this ? A friend sent me the image. He said that the hearing is this week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Delhi high courts decision to all air guns as fire arms

Post by xl_target » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:08 am

I thought only Parliament could make laws?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:16 am

xl you are correct in this, however under the act airguns do come under the arms act as firearms, then again under section 45 ? it give the power to mha, under this mha have made airguns which pass the ideal wood test outside of arms act.

so what the court will say is as per the arms act/rules , airguns are fire arms, then they must also take a look at section 45? as say that the mha have the authority under section 45 to make air guns outside the act. unless the court declare that section 45 is misused, this then will make an interesting time for guns owners as whole.

as for the link given in the above post i do not see any date when it was published, so far as i am concerned its an old news and not new news. and those not change anything as Delhi hi court has already given a stay order over this matter.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:14 pm

air rifles are not considered firearms so don't worry narayanan3.
regards
dr.jk

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:54 pm

dr.jayakumar wrote: Air rifles are not considered firearms so don't worry narayanan3.
regards
dr.jk
> Where's the FIRE??? ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:50 pm

The hearing was yesterday and the matter was deferred till March 23 (or possibly 27, cant recollect).

TC

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:00 pm

TC is the man to go to regarding any news updates in the Indian media - nice work! :D

In case TC is on a short break (he rarely takes any breaks - as per his own admission), then I am sure ebenezer is always willing to chip in - right? :)

These two gentlemen have their fingers on the pulse of reports of arms, weapons, firearms, airguns, guns, non-guns, slingshots etc., etc. in the Indian news scenario.

Bravo! I would like to appreciate these gentlemen for their tenacity and passion! They are always watching out for us IFG'ians...ensuring that we are up to scratch on the latest!

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:59 pm

ckkalyan wrote:TC is the man to go to regarding any news updates in the Indian media - nice work! :D

In case TC is on a short break (he rarely takes any breaks - as per his own admission), then I am sure ebenezer is always willing to chip in - right? :)

These two gentlemen have their fingers on the pulse of reports of arms, weapons, firearms, airguns, guns, non-guns, slingshots etc., etc. in the Indian news scenario.

Bravo! I would like to appreciate these gentlemen for their tenacity and passion! They are always watching out for us IFG'ians...ensuring that we are up to scratch on the latest!

I am flattered. And I am sure so will Ebenzer who became my Facebook friend ten minutes ago :!:
We are so busy that didn't even get time to complete this little formality in all these years ROTFL ROTFL

Thanks Kalyan Da for the kind and encouraging post. Keeps the adrenalin rushing at the doorsteps of 50 :wink:

TC

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:26 pm

TC wrote:
ckkalyan wrote: I am flattered. And I am sure so will Ebenzer who became my Facebook friend ten minutes ago :!:
Thanks Kalyan Da for the kind and encouraging post. Keeps the adrenalin rushing at the doorsteps of 50 :wink:
:cheers: TC
I must be really getting old - or I would not have observed your first Intro post in 2006 TC; You knew ebenezer from way back then - he was introduced to you! I dont remember the exact post but you said something like 'I did not know you were a media man ebenezer'.

Sorry, mate - I must not be so detail oriented (guess what - I wasn't even a member in 2006)! But hey, thats's friends for ever?

:lol:

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:25 pm

I must be really getting old - or I would not have observed your first Intro post in 2006 TC; You knew ebenezer from way back then - he was introduced to you! I dont remember the exact post but you said something like 'I did not know you were a media man ebenezer'.

Sorry, mate - I must not be so detail oriented (guess what - I wasn't even a member in 2006)! But hey, thats's friends for ever?

:lol:
Kalyan Da, you are such a prankster :lol:
You actually made go back to my first post in 2006 !!

Yes, Ebenzer and I both joined the forum in 2006 and shared our views on numerous threads.
When I saw him quoting "TC" and other members in his absolutely brilliant report on the guy getting arrested for importing a blank gun I wrote: "I didn't know we were in the same profession."

It was just for laughs and I added a " :lol: " too.
I too have quoted members in my reports in the past.

Kalyan Da, you got eyes of a hawk and memory of an elephant ROTFL

Got to be careful from now on
TC

narayanan3
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by narayanan3 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:44 am

Thank u everyone for answering my question.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks again TC, ebenezer - glad that I could contribute to a few light moments! :cheers: