Passport Police Verification

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
instinctchaos
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Passport Police Verification

Post by instinctchaos » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Guys i know this does not belong on this website, but i think its something people need to be aware of.

This could be helpful for every state in india but particularly Punjab.

I spoke with SSP Ferozepur 'Hardial Singh Maan' over the phone. SSP said that there is no way the police station can keep the verification for more than 7 days. If they do, there will be action on them. And also they cannot send a negative verification other than for 3 reason; serious case pending, "desh darohi" or wanted.If they send a negative verification, it will have severe consequences on the SHO.

So the SSP suggested it is our job me to make people aware not to pay the officers and instead just let the time pass and if the verification is not sent, complain to the SSP office.

Hope this helps!

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Passport Police Verification

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:48 am

Bribery is a difficult disease.nothing happens according to law. :deadhorse:
regards
dr.jk

ak4797
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Passport Police Verification

Post by ak4797 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Well When I got my passport the police officer was very lazy, He told my father to come to police station along with numberdar and some Bakshish, and the report was sent at morning of next day.
Actually I think the jalandhar passport office give maximum of 21 days for the report and for each report 100 rupee is paid to police dept.(I read it somewhere)