Arms license ban removed in U.P ?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Prateek Shanu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Arms license ban removed in U.P ?

Post by Prateek Shanu » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:01 pm

Hello Friends;
Happy New Year to all,
Is it true that the ban from issuing arms license has been removed by High Court?
I have heard this through local listening.

For Advertising mail webmaster
anubhav_rulez
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Arms license ban removed in U.P ?

Post by anubhav_rulez » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Me too hearing the same but no confirmations as of now. Will visit DM office tomorrow for further clarifications.
Anubhav Bajpai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always better to have a gun & don't need it...Than need a gun & not having it !!!

Prateek Shanu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Prateek Shanu » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanx bro & please let me know if there is any positive news regarding this.

omaar_sir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by omaar_sir » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:28 pm

i was in the DMs office recently. Met the áslaha babu''there. he showed me an order from the supreme court citing the ban and said renewal se pet kahan bharta hai sahab'. This order was dated somewhere in September 2014. It clearly states that the District Magisterate can give licences on his/her own discretion providing 'good reason'.

The order seems to be based on very menial reasons.
1. The celebratory firings in public functions and baraats.
2. The court cited that the number of weapons held by the citizenry was much higher than the number of weapons help by the police. I further goes on to say that, if this weapon wielding citizenry goes on to revolt against the state. the Police will become a helpless spectator and thus the weapons should be issued with a lot of discretion.

So to answer your question, as of now the ban meems to be in place for some more time to the best of my knowledge.

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:07 pm

What about the possibility of licences being issued in the heirloom category? Does the High Court order mention them?
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:58 pm

I do not know if the ban has been removed or not but during the ban also there was no ban under the family heirloom category. They were also allowed to issue licenses for self protection, under extreme cases. After all they had to have a way out for issuing licenses to influential persons.

Atul