Firearm license bangalore

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
rahul004
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Firearm license bangalore

Post by rahul004 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I am Rahul from bangalore. I have been living here since birth and i have recently completed the civilian rifle training course from the karnataka state rifle association which is mandatory for procuring a license here.

here are a few questions regarding the same.

1> how do i get a license after receiving the training certificate?

2> is the license given for a specific firearm or in general? i.e. a seperate license for a .22 and a seperate license for a .32 etc?

3> after receiving the license how do i go about buying a .32 pistol from IOF or an outside dealer?

Though this topic may have been already covered the post has been deleted or i couldn't find it, so please elaborate as much as possible.

suggestions of people who acquired their license in BANGALORE recently will be most helpful.

After reading a few posts on the topic i feel every state has a different procedure so please post the procedure to be followed exclusively in bangalore.

Your help will be much appreciated by me and every other arms license applicant applicant.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Firearm license bangalore

Post by Walibaa » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:40 pm

You need to have life threat or you should be good at shooting and have participated in few competitions
https://t.me/pump_upp

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:36 am

I acquired 3 weapon license from Bangalore around 2 years back. The process is very simple. You need to fill up a form mentioning the reason for applying an license. It may be for self perfection or for purpose of sporting. For self protection you will have to provide reason with documentary proof that you have threat to your life due to your nature of job. In this category you may apply for a 0.32 bore revolver or pistol. On the other hand you may apply for a NBP rifle or DBBL Gun which may be used purely for the purpose of sporting. You may becomes member of KSRA and have regular practice then you may approach for an recommendation letter from KSRA. Along with the letter you may apply for either a rifle or gun under sports category.a strong follow up will help you speed up the process. It is easier to get weapon license in Bangalore compare to other states.

Added in 1 minute 59 seconds:
You may also apply for a .22 pistol under sports category. Rifle will joy be provided for the purpose of self defence. Gun may be applied for both sports and property protection.
Regards,
RR

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:29 pm

nbk3y7k wrote:I acquired 3 weapon license from Bangalore around 2 years back. The process is very simple. You need to fill up a form mentioning the reason for applying an license. It may be for self perfection or for purpose of sporting. For self protection you will have to provide reason with documentary proof that you have threat to your life due to your nature of job. In this category you may apply for a 0.32 bore revolver or pistol. On the other hand you may apply for a NBP rifle or DBBL Gun which may be used purely for the purpose of sporting. You may becomes member of KSRA and have regular practice then you may approach for an recommendation letter from KSRA. Along with the letter you may apply for either a rifle or gun under sports category.a strong follow up will help you speed up the process. It is easier to get weapon license in Bangalore compare to other states.

You may also apply for a .22 pistol under sports category. Rifle will joy be provided for the purpose of self defence. Gun may be applied for both sports and property protection.
Rifle license is provided for self defense.
I applied (not in Bangalore) for the three weapons for the purpose of self defense the LA gave me a license for a hand gun. I applied again for the additional rifle and shotgun giving the reason that the hand gone if effective only to scare away people as per IOF the range is 18 mts that the oppenent can run in a second or so, hence a proper self defense weapon would be a rifle with a longer range. The shotgun is a perfect weapon for home defense as the range is limited and you cant damage any neighbor's property but deadly at close range. \\
I got approval for the additional weapons in 20 days, just by daily followup and no connections and without bribing any one.

Atul

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:40 pm

Must be in Bihar , UP or MP. Karnataka, Mumbai, TN, its practically impossible
Regards,
RR

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Walibaa » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Getting a license in Bangalore without connections is hard to believe.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:00 pm

nbk3y7k wrote:Must be in Bihar , UP or MP. Karnataka, Mumbai, TN, its practically impossible
Gurgaon (Haryana, Delhi NCR), one of the toughest places to get a license. Population is about 10 lacs and arms licences 4,000 about, this include a major portion of Family Heirloom and retired defense officers.
UP has a total ban on new licenses (The last information I had) except family heirloom and self defense for some well connected people.

Atul

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Walibaa » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:21 pm

By the way. Who needs a license in up? People there can easily procure firearms both pb and NPB even without licenses. Much easier than we purchase a air rifle here.

Added in 5 minutes 1 second:
nbk3y7k wrote:I acquired 3 weapon license from Bangalore around 2 years back. The process is very simple. You need to fill up a form mentioning the reason for applying an license. It may be for self perfection or for purpose of sporting. For self protection you will have to provide reason with documentary proof that you have threat to your life due to your nature of job. In this category you may apply for a 0.32 bore revolver or pistol. On the other hand you may apply for a NBP rifle or DBBL Gun which may be used purely for the purpose of sporting. You may becomes member of KSRA and have regular practice then you may approach for an recommendation letter from KSRA. Along with the letter you may apply for either a rifle or gun under sports category.a strong follow up will help you speed up the process. It is easier to get weapon license in Bangalore compare to other states.

Dear nbk3y7k,
Can you tell us. How many types of arm licenses exist?
Is it different for 12bore, rifle, pistol & revolver.?
Also how do 1 apply for security and body guard arms license? Is it limited to ex-servicemen ?

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:16 pm

As an Indian Citizen you may have 3 weapons under different category on a single Arms License i.e. 1. Revolver / Pistol / 2. Rifle and 3. SBBL/ DBBL Gun. There are relaxation for renowned shooters and Aspiring Shooter on the number of arms and Ammunition quota. For ex-servicemen when they intend to work as a retainer or armed security guard, there are special provision for them.
But the final discretionary powers lies with the licensing authority.
Regards,
RR

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:12 pm

nbk3y7k wrote:As an Indian Citizen you may have 3 weapons under different category on a single Arms License i.e. 1. Revolver / Pistol / 2. Rifle and 3. SBBL/ DBBL Gun. There are relaxation for renowned shooters and Aspiring Shooter on the number of arms and Ammunition quota. For ex-servicemen when they intend to work as a retainer or armed security guard, there are special provision for them.
But the final discretionary powers lies with the licensing authority.
There is no special provision for ex-servicemen who want to work as an armed security guard. They are also allowed only three weapons as any other security guard or citizen of India (rule of retainer-ship is also same with every body). The only exception being that security companies can get 12 bore shotguns and PA guns from IOF that is not allowed for the general public as of now.

Atul

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Armed force personnel are issued weapon from army for the purpose of self defence... In case they apply.... It gets registered as they move from place to place....refrigeration happens at DM OR COMMISSIONER OFFICE
Regards,
RR

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:18 pm

nbk3y7k wrote:Armed force personnel are issued weapon from army for the purpose of self defence... In case they apply.... It gets registered as they move from place to place....refrigeration happens at DM OR COMMISSIONER OFFICE
I do not know about now but earlier for sure they were allowed to posses (buy) a weapon for which did not need a license and there was no registration with any civil department required.
However, on retirement they had to get a license for that and ex-servicemen came in the category of any other civilian as far as arms act and rules go.
Off course if the had a PB weapon during service they got a PB license for that weapon.

Atul

Vinny
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vinny » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:36 am

My name is VINNY SUDHEER MAKO. 9686300833
I leave in mahalakshmipuram, Bengaluru-560086. I want to apply for gun license, so I want a legal expert to do all the procedure for getting a gun license legally.