Arms license in U.P.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Prateek Shanu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Arms license in U.P.

Post by Prateek Shanu » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi every one how are you all..

Does any body when will the process of arms license will start again in uttar prades ? As nowdays no new license is being issued.

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Arms license in U.P.

Post by farook » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Prateek Shanu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Prateek Shanu » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Whats wrong with this Prof. Rai ?

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Prateek Shanu wrote:Whats wrong with this Prof. Rai ?
He specializes in human resources management.
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

sachinpandit117
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sachinpandit117 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:36 pm

hey is their any report regarding new arms licence

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:44 pm

spin_drift wrote:
Prateek Shanu wrote:Whats wrong with this Prof. Rai ?
He specializes in human resources management.
HRM people think that Humans are Resources only and hence must be Exploited....

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:46 am

Every one is being exploited by someone. Employee is exploited by the employer but a good employer is one who gives a perception to the employee that he is not being exploited. On the other hand the employer feels he is being exploited by the employee by his unreasonable demands.
A business man is being exploited by his customers due competition in the market.
Therefore, this is the age of exploitation and one has to fight it out,

Atul

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:18 pm

aadhaulya wrote:Every one is being exploited by someone. Employee is exploited by the employer but a good employer is one who gives a perception to the employee that he is not being exploited. On the other hand the employer feels he is being exploited by the employee by his unreasonable demands.
A business man is being exploited by his customers due competition in the market.
Therefore, this is the age of exploitation and one has to fight it out,

Atul
That's what I said sir.

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:16 am

Dear Learned Forum Members,

I went through this link and I thought I should post it here.

http://m.news18.com/news/uttar-pradesh/ ... 68343.html

Point to be noted here:

After High Court’s rap, the Uttar Pradesh government has enforced stringent rules for arms license applicants. Apart from other formalities, the applicant has to undergo a firing test to check his eligibility. The new rules come in the wake of the Nov 13 judgement in the Jitendra Singh Vs UP case.
The new rules are as follows.
1) The firing test of the applicant will be taken by SP/SSP level officer.
12 The license will be issued only after the firing exam is passed.
3)The applicant will have to bear the expense of the cartridge used in the firing test. The renewal of the old license will be done on the basis of firing test; otherwise the license will be rejected.
4) If an applicant, who is above 65 years of age, wants to renew his license then he will have to produce a medical certificate.
5) A new applicant will also have to produce a ‘No dues certificate’ from the bank.
6) Biometric details of the applicant will be taken and Aadhar card copy has to be submitted.
7) A license holder can keep not more than 25 cartridges. To keep more than 25, the applicant has to take permission from the district administration.
8) If an applicant wants a second, then permission from Commissioner, SP, DIG and DM will be required.
9) For a third license, the applicant would require the permission of state Home secretary, IG (Crime), IG (Law and order) and the concerned secretary."

I am surprized, what a No Dues certificate is for? What is its purpose?
The courts are also determined to infringe a citizens RKBA, and people like Professior Rai, who don't know even the Preamble of the Constitution play the role of experts.

-Ankur

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:10 am

Ankur,

These rules would have been introduced by the UP government and not by the court (most probably). I know for sure that the number of cartridges rule has been in place for some time as in UP the used shells have to be returned to the Arms Dealer before you can buy new cartridges from him.
The rule for 2nd and 3rd weapon seems illegal (But GBM will be able to give a better idea). And an arbitrary rule created by the state government would probably not stand in court. Why I say this about the 2nd and 3rd weapon is that after getting the 1st one it becomes evident that the person is eligible to own a gun.

Atul

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:48 pm

aadhaulya wrote:Ankur,

These rules would have been introduced by the UP government and not by the court (most probably). I know for sure that the number of cartridges rule has been in place for some time as in UP the used shells have to be returned to the Arms Dealer before you can buy new cartridges from him.
The rule for 2nd and 3rd weapon seems illegal (But GBM will be able to give a better idea). And an arbitrary rule created by the state government would probably not stand in court. Why I say this about the 2nd and 3rd weapon is that after getting the 1st one it becomes evident that the person is eligible to own a gun.

Atul
Hi Atul ji,

I think the suggestions may have been by the state government, but High Court of UP has agreed upon this as a guideline. We need to take legal action as soon as possible. GBM's much valued legal views are called in for...

Regards