Man held for importing ‘lookalike’ weapons

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Man held for importing ‘lookalike’ weapons

Post by captrakshitsharma » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Stupid N!?b N!t?...... That's what the cops are... Illogical fearmongers
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 am

did you know that pre 9/11 the USA security wanted to pass various bills through the congress, which were turned down due to its inhumane nature. post 9/11 the same was passed. why ???? due to fear, the police can do anything under the guises of "for security reasons"

and such title as " arms polifitaton, licensed and unlicensed must be controlled." like they can control those who do not want to be controlled. but it gets passed in the Parliament. as monkeys do not think what is said but run with fear.

if we were to create fearful stories and get it in media we can also have the government handing out arms licenses without hassle.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:29 pm

http://rt.com/usa/216163-ny-toy-gun-sales-ban/

NY cracks down on toy gun sellers. Next, crackdown on all toys & then, crackdown on kids!

Published time: December 20, 2014 03:33

Giants of American retail such as Walmart and Amazon have announced they will comply with New York Attorney General’s order to stop selling realistically looking toy guns, unless their barrels are clearly marked with clearly visible orange markings.(Ain't that the norm for airsofts there?)

Walmart has already enforced a “shipping block” on its website.

“Once this matter was brought to our attention we placed a shipping block on our website to prevent the mentioned items from being sent to the state of New York,” a Walmart spokesman said. “We’re also confident that measures are in place to prevent these items from being sold at our New York stores.”

A spokesperson for Amazon the company will identify all non-compliant toys to ensure they aren't sold in New York, AP reports.

Kmart is in the “process of immediately removing any non-compliant toy guns that are offered for sale by Sears or Kmart to New York consumers” and will fully cooperate with the state attorney general, Bloomberg reports citing Howard Riefs, a spokesman Sears Holdings.

On Thursday Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman sent letters to Sears, Kmart, and ToyArsenal.com to cease selling toy weapons to New Yorkers.

“When toy guns are mistaken for real guns, there can be tragic consequences,” Schneiderman said in a statement. “New York State law is clear: retailers cannot put children and law enforcement at risk by selling toy guns that are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing.”

In the midst of the Christmas shopping season the retailers were requested to “immediately stop the in-store and online sale and shipment” to New York residences, after an investigation discovered that businesses were selling toy guns online.

“State law prohibits the sale of imitation guns in realistic colors such as black, blue, silver, or aluminum, unless it has a non-removable one-inch-wide orange stripe running down both sides of the barrel and the front end of the barrel,” the Attorney General's office said.

Since 1997 four people have been killed in New York in accidents when police believed toy guns in their possession were real, according to Schneiderman's office.

Schneiderman’s plea comes weeks after 12-year-old Tamir Rice from Cleveland was shot to death by police after his air gun purchased at Walmart was mistaken for the real thing. Federal law requires fake guns to be painted with bright colors on the end of the gun barrel.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:42 am

Guys looks like a duck walks like a duck is a Duck or a Gun....another way to implement laws..as if folks in power are clue less of known wheelers and dealers..it says something of law order situation that common folks need any kind of weapon etc for security and safety..

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Walibaa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Lol.. Maybe they are going to classify PCP, co2 & blank under firearms category. You never know government.
Last edited by Walibaa on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://t.me/pump_upp

marksman_dd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by marksman_dd » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:58 pm

There are so much complications in the arms law that officials puts airguns like co2 pcp or gas guns under firearms category

Sent from my E6553

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
Thats why i am not thinking of importing any airsoft guns, dying to get one:cry:

Sent from my E6553
faster, faster, faster, faster .......
till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death

marksman_dd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by marksman_dd » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:58 pm

Thats why i am not thinking of importing any airsoft guns, dying to get one:cry:

Sent from my E6553

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:02 pm

marksman_dd wrote:There are so much complications in the arms law that officials puts airguns like co2 pcp or gas guns under firearms category

Sent from my E6553

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:

Sent from my E6553
I think that the arms law is quite clear. The issue is with the interpretation of the law by different persons in authority.

Atul

marksman_dd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by marksman_dd » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:05 pm

That's true,

Sent from my E6553