Got my new arms licence

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
YP Pune
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Got my new arms licence

Post by YP Pune » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi To All,

At last after a long perseverance & chase I succeeded in getting my new arms license. Though the CP Pune had rejected and had to take it the the state Home Dept for appeal.
was a tedious and lengthy process but at last the result was fruit full.

Bought a new IOF 30.06.

Regards,
Yogesh

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:18 pm

YP Pune wrote:Hi To All,

At last after a long perseverance & chase I succeeded in getting my new arms license. Though the CP Pune had rejected and had to take it the the state Home Dept for appeal.
was a tedious and lengthy process but at last the result was fruit full.

Bought a new IOF 30.06.

Regards,
Yogesh
Congratulations! Do share your experience and if possible photos of your rifle on a new thread. :cheers:
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

YP Pune
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by YP Pune » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks a lot Vikram.

It was a task as these sarkari babus (****** the astrics mean a lot cant be vocal ) make it so complicated and lengthy for a common person.

Was very disappointed when the Commissioner of Police ( CP ) denied it, I had all the verifications through with positive recommendations, as the file runs from the area PI to ACP from him to the DCP & then the Licensing authority in CP office .

Friends its a direct approach which helps always, other then the ACP i got a very nice & good response from PI & DCP though the ACP didn"t do anything bad but spoke very discouraging. Of this the best part was the DCP who is very encouraging and evaluates one with his own analysis he helped me boost my moral. when the file was rejected at the CP office, he also personally had a word with the Authority but was in vain.

The DCP asked me to go ahead with the appeal process and said that i will surely succeed there this confidence building along with one of my friend made my determination strong and the whole turn-around time since inception for getting this done in the state govt appeal took 2 years.

The long wait along with patience and determination paid good........ That's what got me my work done.

will post the pic's soon.

Regards,
Yogesh

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:14 am

Hearty Congratulations YP Pune, well done! :D

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Prateek Shanu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Prateek Shanu » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:35 am

My heartiest congratulations to you.

YP Pune
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by YP Pune » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Thanks Kalyan & Prateek.

Regards,
Yogesh Pagedar.

sekhonkamal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sekhonkamal » Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi Yogesh...even I got my arms License application rejected twice by CP Pune. Though mine was a simple case of inheretence, as my father passed away I had to apply for fresh License. Now I have to appeal to home ministry within 2 weeks (all bcoz I was informed about the rejection late). Since I am now working in Noida I really have to pull up my socks if I want to make my life easy. Can you drop me a message , I cud use your tips on how to apply to home ministry branch in Pune. Would much appreciate your timely advise!

Sincere thanks,
Kamal

chirag guleria
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by chirag guleria » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:30 pm

so did you get an approval ??