Arms Laws in Georgia

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Nan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nan » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:04 pm

The Law of Georgia on Licenses and Permissions provides for 10 kinds of permissions pertaining to arms.

1. Permission to acquire arms (with the view of storing)

2. Permission to acquire arms (with the view of storing and carrying)

3. Permission for a foreign citizen to acquire arms in Georgia (there are stateless persons apart from citizens of foreign countries. Most probably it is interpreted broadly in practice)

4. Permission for setting up shooting ranges (the law mentions three types of shooting ranges, will ask Vikram how to translate them, I do not know the corresponding terms in English)

5. Permission for import, export, re-export or transit of arms and military armament

6. Permission for collecting and exhibiting arms

7. Permission to bring to and take arms from Georgia by persons accompanying the representatives of foreign countries, international organisations and other VIPs visiting Georgia

8. Permission for transportation of arms and military armament

9. Permission for the dispatch of arms and military armament

10. Permission of bringing to and taking from Georgia particular samples of one category of arms (save export-import, transit and re-export) (I have no idea what that means)

For Advertising mail webmaster
Nan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nan » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:08 pm

Oh, sorry, the topic is the arms laws in India and I wrote about the Georgian experience. Well comparing with other laws can help better analysing and discussing yours :)

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:33 pm

what about hunting laws?
any possibility of me coming there for a hunt?
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Nan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:07 pm

shooter";p="25235 wrote: what about hunting laws?
any possibility of me coming there for a hunt?
Yes, you can get the hunting permission without any problem. Once the hunting season starts everybody can get the permission having presented the necessary documentation: inter alia, gun license, ID and the invoice certifying the payment of hunting fee, which is GEL20 ($12). The opening of birds hunting season was deferred this year due to bird flu. It will be open on 28th August.

I will post about hunting laws in more details later on.

regards,

Nana

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:32 am

thanks a lot. any big game available? mouflon/bear/deer/european moose/boar etc?
is gun hire possible?
cheers
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.