Good Experience With the Licensing Department

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Kamleshwar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Good Experience With the Licensing Department

Post by Kamleshwar » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Dear Aaudhaulya,
Congratulations for having a licence. I am based in Delhi and wish to add a rifle.Kindly advise me how toabout for addition as you have already gone through the process. Thanks in advance.

Kamleshwar

For Advertising mail webmaster
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:31 am

Congratulations aadhaulya, glad to see DP licensing issuing a license without asking for the usual 'threat to life' proof. Undoubtedly they are one of the better administratively organised dept, though I dont neccessarily agree with their arms licensing policies.

Your e.g should encourage others to pursue their RKBA in spite of not having the 'right contacts'. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Safe shooting.

Regards,
SS

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Thanks SS and Kamleshwar,
I was expecting the approval from the DCP on Monday, but it was delayed and it got approved yesterday and today I have submitted my Licence for the addition of weapons. I am expecting it back tomorrow after the addition.
I would request you to wait for a day or two till I get the License back. Till then keeping my fingers crossed.
Regards

dannyg
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dannyg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi Aadhaulya,

Thanks for posting your contact email, but I didn't get to see it in time.

Can the moderator please explain how users are supposed to network with one another if private messages aren't enabled and nor is publishing a email publicly permitted?

Can the moderator please exchange our emails for us via private messaging?

Any help would be appreciated!

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Congrats Aadhaulya! Which city are you from?

Regards
Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi Pran,
Thanks, but for the present please excuse me as I would like to avoid giving any details till I have got my additional weapons endorsed on my License.
I can tell you that it is believed to be one of the toughest places to get a License and the licences here are about 0.5% of the population. Whereas as per my knowledge (various reports on the web) the licences in India are about 4% of the population.
Regards

dannyg
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dannyg » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:31 pm

Aadhaulya,

Could you please contact me at the following email address:

[email protected]

***Moderators please do not blanket this message, I have created a new temporary e-mail address to bypass security concerns. I will ask you to delete this message once I have initiated contact with the thread originator.

Your patience is greatly appreciated, great forums strive because of members networking. (Forums thrive because members contribute and actively participate.-Moderator)

Thanks!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Finally the job is done, Today I have got an endorsement for the additional weapons (DBBL & Rifle) on my AL.
But I could not find the 30.06 IOF at a reasonable price, but one dealer has promised to give me one for Rs. 1.1 Lacs on Monday as his consignment is in transit.
Also there are no long 12 bore DBBL guns with any dealer. All of them stock short pistol grip guns that are popular with the security guys. So I picked up a second hand 1982 BSA. The barrel has no corrosion on the outside and the bore is absolutely clean with not a spot of pitting and there is no play in the barrel. This costed me Rs. 12500.
@Dannyg I have mailed my id to you.

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:34 am

Thanks Moderators, I have got in touch with Dannyg

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:25 am

Finally got my Rifle also an IOF 30.06 last night. But now I want a .315, .22 rifle as the ammunition is affordable than the 30.06 (Rs 225) besides a PA shot gun and a couple of pistols.
For this I would need to get a license for my wife and daughter as well. Therefore, another struggle of follow ups to starts.

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:56 am

@Kamleshwar,
For the two additional weapons I had to give a application on a plain paper giving the reason for the addition. I attached two address proofs and a copy of my AL. The reason for addition was simple as I had a License for a Pistol/ Revolver for self protection. And as per the IOF web site the range is 18 mtrs only. This means that if I am at the rear end of my house and some body wants to attack me I wont be able to hit the target at my gate also. and on the road in such a situation it would take the opponent a couple of seconds to get out of range. Hence it is a perfect weapon for personal defense as the opponent would run away and it is easy to carry around.
However, to stop the person a rifle with adequate range is required and and additional quota of ammunition to practice so that one is reasonably accurate and confidant to handle the gun responsibly.
The shot gun is the only weapon suitable for home defense as the range is only 40 mtrs. and if you miss the target the pellets would not enter any house in the neighborhood or cause harm to some other person outside the house not in the immediate vicinity.

Regards

Kamleshwar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kamleshwar » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Thanks Aaudhlya.
The .12 you bought is Birmingham Small arm or Bharat Small arm. I have .12 Birmingham S A Dbbl 30 inches shotgun.I enquired about 30.06 from a Delhi gun shop he quoted 1.22 lacs. I think you are getting it at good rates.I would like to get in touch with you but don't know how to do it as I can't give you my email or mobile as it is prohibited on forum.I don't know how to PM. I am based at Delhi.
Thanks for sharing your experience
Once again congratulations and thanks

Kamleshwar

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:01 pm

@Kamleshwar, the 12 bore DBBL I got says BSA Corp. Calcutta. I have sent you my contact details on PM. After some rubbing and polishing it looks brand new and I have already fired off about 25 rounds. There is no heating of the barrel also there seem to be no other problem.

Regards

mrinmoy mukherjee
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mrinmoy mukherjee » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:40 am

Hello i aquire a arm licence today's. please can anyone tell me the price of iof.32 revolver. Long barrel does it available in mk3 or mk4

Kamleshwar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kamleshwar » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Dear Mrinmoy
Congratulations, you visit Indian ordinance factory board sight iofb.com and you will get the required details.
Congratulations once again.

Kamleshwar Raturi