Airsoft Thread

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
kathiresan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Airsoft Thread

Post by kathiresan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:51 am

Sobo wrote:Just curious, which challenge kit did you order for the Systema? SuperMax? What spring does the kit have? If it has the M130 spring in it, which I'm guessing is the case, it may be too hot to play with in close quarters.

Hey bud, yes the systema ptw with the m130 Spring is too hot to play with at close quarters as it shoots about 450 fps with .2 g bb's but I bought the systema supermax m165 ultimate challenge kit ambidextrous variant :mrgreen:

It might just clock in at under 400 fps with .43 g bb's :wink: :stupid:

P.s. I can post a link to the gun if want to take a look? And I also ordered 4 pmags for it...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:33 am

Nice, but im a little confused. M165 i believe is the cylinder size here and even then the fps should be higher than 400. No matter, there are many ways of bringing fps down, but consider its a Systema i wouldnt so much as touch the push pins until something really breaks. Just clean the barrel from time to time and pray that somebody did a decent grease job inside the gearbox. Isnt this the split gearbox design version? That would make lubing a breeze.

0.43bb's! 8) 8) I currently run 0.28's and find them to be at a good price vs performance point. Does the bolt catch and automatic safety feature only work with pmags?

kathiresan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kathiresan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Hey sobo, the m165 cylinder has the m165 Spring that means the fps with .2 g bb's will be around 550-600 but the .2 g bb's are way to light for such a powerful gun so the range will be horrible with them so you have to use heavier bb's like .30,.36,.43,etc for the best performance in terms of accuracy and range. So with the .43 it should shoot about 350-400fps and thats a lot considering the weight of the bb given that a loss of 30-35-40 fps per addition of .05 g in bb weight, the range will be crazy with that power of the weapon and the weight of the bb... If I want to run a low power set up for using lighter bb's effectively I can always get a different cylinder with a different spring as this is a supermax it can handles all cylinders. As its a systema u can purchase different cylinders for different power levels and swap them in less than 10 seconds.

The one Iam getting is the ultimate challenge kit so I have to assemble the gear box too, but I wanted to do that to learn thoroughly about the gun and it makes it easier to maintain when you know the gun in and out and yes I'll do a proper grease job inside the gearbox...

.28 g are the sweet spot for price vs performance from what I have seen. I would really like to take a look at your setup.

When the systema ptw came out it could only take proprietary mags as there were no manufactures making the type of mags needed for the ptw but nowadays a lot of companies make ptw compatible mags and Iam huge magpul fanboy so I went with the pmag and also magpul was the first company to come out with a systema ptw compatible mag besides systema. Any systema ptw compatible mag will enable the bolt catch and safety functions as only systema compatible mags are accepted by this gun. :mrgreen: :D (y)
JackieD wrote:
I really hope that you get it without any hassles brother. Those things don't come cheap.

Hope, the most basic of human nature is all I have left brother... :roll:

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:55 pm

kathiresan, you might be mistaken here brother. When I said fps for a weight, I meant joules of energy the bb will carry. 400 with 0.2 is about 1.5 joules of energy which is tolerable while playing airsoft and the current standard of energy. However, 400 fps with 0.43 bb will be about 6 joules and that's a lot of pain! OUCH!. Its not the speed that hits you but the momentum. Please read about joules vs fps and concept of joule creep with bb weight.

My current primary is a Tippmann M4 at 350 fps with 0.28g bb with a 6.06 barrel flat hopped, it can reach out to 200 ft with a semblance of accuracy. Headshots very difficult after 120 ft. Not that I aim for peoples heads. :mrgreen:

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Sobo wrote: 6.06 barrel
Sobo, any specific reason you went for 6.06? How would a 6.01 compare to it?
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Sandy, I have tried the 6.01, 6.03, 6.06 and 6.2 barrel in my gun, mostly borrowing them from friends. The Tippmann is a unique one compared to aegs in the sense that it has a lot more volume of air per shot for the same velocity as compared to a similarly powered aeg. With a tightbore I had great accuracy but the range was gone because of the excessive air causing bbs to shoot out way before the mass of air behind it can catch up to it, atleast that's my hypothesis. With a widebore, I great range but the accuracy was gone because the Tippmann has recoil and the vibration causes bb to bounce inside the barrel, again, my hypothesis.

I'm using the 6.06 miracle barrel, which provides me best of both worlds. The miracle barrel also has a u shaped platform before the hop up where the bb sits before being fired. This ensures consistent contact with the hop up. Many people say the miracle barrel doesnt work but so far I've had good results.

kathiresan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kathiresan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Sobo, I didn't know that u were asking about the joules of energy the bb will be carrying mate. There was a slight misunderstanding, Anyways never mind Iam ordering an additional m110 cylinder for when I find an event in India.

And estousandy, contrary to popular belief 6.01 barrels are innacurate as hell ( over and anything around 20m) . 6.06/6.07 and above are the barrels exclusively sold for their accuracy I have seen set ups with 7.01 barrels solely for their range and accuracy and normally the p* users use a wide bore and I think wolverine users use a tight bore ( correct me if Iam wrong sobo). I think the reason behind the use of wide bore barrels has something to do with the air cusion that carries the bb's inside a barrel till the end of it ...

Sobo the miracle barrels are crazy man I have seen videos where people have got confirm hits from really crazy distances.

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:36 am

Great, a M110 cylinder should bring it down. Actually, the accuracy of the barrel depends a lot on the quality of the barrel and the diameter consistency along the length. Accuracy of 6.01 barrel depends on the size of the bb. If you're using a 5.95mm bb you should be fine. a 6 mm will be inaccurate. The harsh truth is that the barrel diameter is only a marketing term and the actual inner diameter maybe something else entirely. I'm sure some German dudes did a study on this, just cant remember where I saw it. This is because no airsoft parts manufacturer has the kind of precision manufacturing machines that a diameter of 6.01 +/- 0.005 would require. So take the diameter labelling with a pinch of salt and go with good quality barrels regardless of the size.
But yes when you talk about a difference from 6.03 to 6.23, there is a definite change in how the bb travels inside the barrel. Basically in a wider bore, provided you have enough air volume for the bb, the bb would ride in a cushion of air surrounding it without touching the barrel at all. The downside is that in a change of 0.2mm, you would lose about 100 fps of power. Hence it works best with hpa systems.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:08 am

Sobo wrote: The Tippmann is a unique one compared to aegs in the sense that it has a lot more volume of air per shot for the same velocity as compared to a similarly powered aeg. With a tightbore I had great accuracy but the range was gone because of the excessive air causing bbs to shoot out way before the mass of air behind it can catch up to it
That clears it.
kathiresan wrote:6.01 barrels are innacurate as hell ( over and anything around 20m)
Not really with the right hop & BB. They are used in CQB for a reason, accuracy till ~50m.
kathiresan wrote:I have seen set ups with 7.01 barrels
A 7.01? I can't find any material on that. Can you provide link?

kathiresan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kathiresan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:53 am

estousandy wrote: A 7.01? I can't find any material on that. Can you provide link?

Hey sandy, sorry for the confusion... I checked the setup again it was a 6.23 orga barrel not a 7.01 my bad :mrgreen: .... But there are snipers which use 8.0something mm inner barrels for their 8 mm bb's like the socom gear Cheytac m200 intervention sniper rifle , I can provide more information on that if you would like to do a 8mm sniper setup... If you get a 8mm gun right from the manufacture it's cool but if your converting you gotta change mags, hopups and of course the barrel and a couple more internal tweaks are also required... But the 8mm setups are not cost effective ... Those bb's aren't cheap... Once again sorry for the confusion earlier.

kathiresan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kathiresan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:29 pm

hey guys, i just got back from the customs office in the speed post centre, they handed me the letter they were about to send to me and in the letter they asked for police clearance and invoice copy. but then in person they told me that the package needs forensic clearance , when i showed them the letter they gave which said police clearance they said its wrong it needs forensic clearance and we will not release it until we get a forensic report....but iam going to produce everything they asked in the letter tomorrow and talk to a higher official . any thoughts guys? :?

one of the guys there came to me and my friend and told us that he saw our shipment and all the bb's and everything we were talking about, and he was like " you are telling me this is a toy gun and those are just plastic balls that the gun shoots, but what if you guys have mixed gun powder and other explosives to the plastic balls? thats why we need forensic clearance." :shock:

my friend and i after staring at the genius for the explanation he gave us left the office in complete SHOCK... :deadhorse:

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:12 pm

kathiresan wrote:..will not release it until we get a forensic report..
You should've read through the forum before going ahead with the order. Especially
https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... =2&t=23433 & https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... =1&t=22991.
Or maybe you did, & went ahead anyhow. Don't lose hope yet.

Now that you got to experience the reality, do whatever is in your power to fix it. Lab test, on-feet begging, coffee change, clout, anything that you have is worth throwing at it. Unlike me, you won't abandon the parcel i'm sure. Mine cost peanuts, not the case here.

All the best, again.

kunaldt
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kunaldt » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:30 pm

My CZ P09 GBB Airsoft, tried to replace the gas valve of mag so that refilling can be done by direct Canisters of HFC-134a for ac supply as they are quite easy to find but wasn't successful so arranged the mag back to its original and now using green gas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:24 pm

kathiresan, contact Systema engineering asap and ask them to give you a letter with their letterhead saying this is an airsoft gun which shoots plastic pellets under 2 joules of energy and cannot in any way be converted to a real firearm. Give them your name, address. They have good customer service and should be able to help you. Furnishing this to the forensic lab should be of some help. Call the forensic office until they get your case moving.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:18 pm

kunaldt wrote:wasn't successful so arranged the mag back to its original
Great gun there. It's KJW/ASG right?
Btw, why wasn't it successful?