Airsoft Thread

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
JackieD
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Airsoft Thread

Post by JackieD » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:45 pm

kunaldt wrote:My CZ P09 GBB Airsoft, tried to replace the gas valve of mag so that refilling can be done by direct Canisters of HFC-134a for ac supply as they are quite easy to find but wasn't successful so arranged the mag back to its original and now using green gas.
Even I wanted one but am low on funds at the moment. Lucky you.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm

A promising trend? A substantial growth in the "airsoft" search term from 2012 to current date in India. Would market forces work around unsavory laws? Besides who are these people and how do we get them engaged in a discussion? A separate forum? I'm up for the work required to pioneer this effort. What does your gut feeling say about this?
trend.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Sobo wrote:A promising trend?
I was thinking the same the other day, with the no: of hits this thread is getting & the presence of more than one guest viewer at most times. These are unregistered individuals but still looking for the elusive fruit. Infact only our thread here is an updated discussion on airsoft, most others date back couple of years. The main hurdle is the impossibility of self import for the common folk as they figure out from the posts so far, someone has to do it for them. If that happen, these simple page hits will turn to posts, thus a discussion. Till that happens, most will lose interest or hope in any order after like 15 pages.

We've to fig out how a sane priced stock can be kept and maintained. A cluster effort can definitely make it happen, we need a bunch of bold folks with paypal & some spare change enough to start small. The current sellers do not understand the type of gear needed for players, it's upto us enthusiasts to push that into the clutter.

A site is a must to take this forward, with a provision to get inputs on the needs & an option to actually procure them. No one will go around laws, but we might just have a way through it.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

kunaldt
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kunaldt » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:16 pm

estousandy wrote:
kunaldt wrote:wasn't successful so arranged the mag back to its original
Great gun there. It's KJW/ASG right?
Btw, why wasn't it successful?
yes estousandy, its KJW/ ASG and it wasn't sucessfull because the adapter available didnt match in the size of valve body, and i realy don't want to take risk with this one.
though i am defenetly going to get the mods for sure as i am still working on it.

kunaldt
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kunaldt » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:21 pm

JackieD wrote:
kunaldt wrote:My CZ P09 GBB Airsoft, tried to replace the gas valve of mag so that refilling can be done by direct Canisters of HFC-134a for ac supply as they are quite easy to find but wasn't successful so arranged the mag back to its original and now using green gas.
Even I wanted one but am low on funds at the moment. Lucky you.
the credit for this one goes to you Jackie D.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Guys, we've made a group "A.S.C.I" on Whatsapp. We would like to have you all enthusiasts over there, so PM me if you wish to join us. Those of you without PM privileges please find ASCI fb page for the number. We sure hope things are taking a turn for the better.

A renewed discussion on airsoft has now been started here: http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24157 . It would be dedicated to help things actually happen on the ground to take this sport forward. Everyone's participation would be much welcome there, while still keeping the legality angle here. Thanks.
Last edited by estousandy on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kathiresan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kathiresan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:27 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the late late reply.... Was held up with other work and the frustration from the gun being held by customs and all that. But, the good news is I went and spoke with the examiner at the customs office and told him about the situation and all that and he asked one of his colleagues to bring in the papers related to my package and reviewed the invoice and all that and told me" it needn't go through forensic's "ROTFL .... He asked me to draft a letter and then he said he'll take care .... And he told me its the lack of knowledge of the people on this subject at the customs office that caused this hassle... It was relieveg to hear that I'll get my systema within a week :cheers: .... There are a few people who understand people like us at the customs office :mrgreen:

@estousandy. Yes I went through all those forums before placing the order. I proceeded with the order as it isn't illegal to do so and I thoght I could handle customs so I went with it .... And guess what ? I'll be getting it this week :wink:

@sobo. The only way to contact systema directly is through the two phone numbers that were on their website for their headquarters in Japan and it didn't go through for some reason so the other contacts provided was of redwolf airsoft ( the place where I purchased my systema ptw) and zshot as they are the only official dealers. So I called redwolf and told them I needed the paperwork that states that the ptw isn't a real fire arm , they contacted systema and then told me they don't have such a paperwork... :( ... But Anyways, the problem has been solved now :cheers: ROTFL ... So no probs!!!

Shikhar84
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shikhar84 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:04 am

kathiresan wrote:Hey guys, sorry for the late late reply.... Was held up with other work and the frustration from the gun being held by customs and all that. But, the good news is I went and spoke with the examiner at the customs office and told him about the situation and all that and he asked one of his colleagues to bring in the papers related to my package and reviewed the invoice and all that and told me" it needn't go through forensic's "ROTFL .... He asked me to draft a letter and then he said he'll take care .... And he told me its the lack of knowledge of the people on this subject at the customs office that caused this hassle... It was relieveg to hear that I'll get my systema within a week :cheers: .... There are a few people who understand people like us at the customs office :mrgreen:

@estousandy. Yes I went through all those forums before placing the order. I proceeded with the order as it isn't illegal to do so and I thoght I could handle customs so I went with it .... And guess what ? I'll be getting it this week :wink:

@sobo. The only way to contact systema directly is through the two phone numbers that were on their website for their headquarters in Japan and it didn't go through for some reason so the other contacts provided was of redwolf airsoft ( the place where I purchased my systema ptw) and zshot as they are the only official dealers. So I called redwolf and told them I needed the paperwork that states that the ptw isn't a real fire arm , they contacted systema and then told me they don't have such a paperwork... :( ... But Anyways, the problem has been solved now :cheers: ROTFL ... So no probs!!!
Thats great news Karthi..And many congratulations for bringing in the systema.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:08 am

That's brilliant news man! Nothing short of a miracle to find a sane customs officer. Congrats already!! Hope to see the loot soon.

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:59 am

Wow congratulations! You will officially be the first person in India to have a Systema PTW! This is very good news indeed. Could you possibly please share more info about the customs experience that you had. Which port? Which officer? Which office? If you dont feel comfortable sharing this publicly, you can always pm Sandy or me.

einsteinev
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by einsteinev » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Recieved TM 0.50 Desert Eagle :)

Shikhar84
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shikhar84 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:23 pm

einsteinev wrote:Recieved TM 0.50 Desert Eagle :)

Is this also from tigerhk site ?
How much did it cost this time ?

einsteinev
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by einsteinev » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Yes, it's from the same site.
32$ approx for desert eagle.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:14 am

Congrats bro! How powerful is it wrt a springer, or even GBB?

einsteinev
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by einsteinev » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:05 pm

It's comparable to a spring pistol but less powerful than a GBB.
shoots @ 200fps.
What about your shipment sandy did u get it released?