Canadian citizen

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
amardeepsarai
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Canadian citizen

Post by amardeepsarai » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello everyone,
I`m new to this forum, so please bear with me.I`m from Punjab. I recently acquired Canadian citizenship and came back to India immediately as my father was sick. I have applied for oci and will receive it in a few days. Meanwhile my father expired. He had three firearms. Now i want to get a license.
I have read about "Ashokkumar Harakchand Shah vs State Of Gujarat on 4 April, 2000" and i talked to several gun dealers and all have conflicting answers.
Will this verdict hold good in Punjab or can i find some more verdicts from Punjab and Haryana High Court. I don`t want to do anything illegal. Please guide me.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Canadian citizen

Post by nagarifle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:24 am

hi its always good to interduce yourself in the proper section of the forum, we are a funny lot here and like to encourage others to be funny lot as well so do the needful.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=506
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

amardeepsarai
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by amardeepsarai » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:03 pm

Sir, today i went to several gun dealers and then to the commissioner`s office and everyone is of the same opinion that oci`s cannot have arms license in India.
The reason they gave is that for the application they want a copy of Indian passport or an affidavit stating that the applicant does not have Indian passport nor has any foreign citizenship. The oci`s can have license only the family heir loom category , but i don`t qualify for that. Regarding the gujrat court judgement , they said the time frame for litigation channel in India cannot be determined. I`m not going to give up and i`ll try to explore other channels and i`ll keep you guys posted.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:29 pm

if you have not read this link then please go through it
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=506
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Jeet1983
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Similar question-transfer process in India for US Citizen

Post by Jeet1983 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:45 am

Hello IFGs, I posted this question under the General Category as I could not find similar queries.

I've learned via this forum that one doesn't need to be an Indian Citizen in order to get the Rifles transferred on their name. Being a female and not having enough knowledge about how the Arms License works I decided to seek help from all of you. Since I will be doing all the paperwork/transfer etc myself I wanted to be prepared before I land-up in Punjab, India to get the work done.I did some research and found that I need to get a dealer here United States to import the guns here and get in touch with the port authority. I will figure out the process here in the US.

But I was wondering if you could briefly guide me how I can get the Guns on my name in India.
Do I need a Gun License in India in order to transfer the guns in my name? Is it a long process?

Any help/feedback would be much appreciated!
Look forward.

Best,
Jeet

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 pm

What are the guns in question? You cannot legally export guns of ' current and popular bore' or antiques. If they don't fall in either category you probably will have a chance of getting them e exported, but not without a lot of red tape! Whether or not it is worth the hassle is something only you can judge for yourself.
Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein