Mandatory Employment status for licence app?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Mandatory Employment status for licence app?

Post by Chandan22 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Gentlemen,

I intend to apply for a licence within the next two weeks as I have finally secured an "acceptable" proof of residence at my current location in Delhi, namely a mtnl connection.

I wanted to know from those who may have applied for a licence in the recent past, whether there is any kind of police verification carried out at the place of employment which is entered in the application form? The form has a space for OFFICE ADDRESS. What do they do with this? Also, there is no clarity on whether any supporting employment documents are asked for for private employees, so would anyone know anything?

The reason I ask is that my present employment status is unemployed, as I'm between ventures. Is this an acceptable situation or will it become a point for refusal or even nonsensical harassment? Ofcourse, I do have an ITR which I can present, but that was during my previous employment which ended a few months ago.

Those with some experience, please let me know...

Thanks,
~C

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Mandatory Employment status for licence app?

Post by Anand » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi Chandan,
The employment status of an applicant has no bearing on the issuance of an Arms License as far as the Arms Act is concerned. However, when doing a verification/background check, the Police has to have something to go by. So the more information they have regarding you, the easier it is for them to try and find out if you are being honest or dishonest about something. There may be any number of reasons that you may be unemployed including being in between jobs, or doing informal business etc. That in itself is not a condition for denial of an Arms License.
Hope this helpd,
Anand