Fake arms licences

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Fake arms licences

Post by Kittu » Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 pm

accordin to news 3000 fake arms licences were issued from nagaland to peoples of haryana.And now many dealers have gone underround
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2014/20140507/main5.htm

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Fake arms licences

Post by mundaire » Wed May 07, 2014 10:18 pm

These sort of things are bound to happen when the administration follows restrictive licensing policies.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Wed May 07, 2014 11:11 pm

i totally agree with you abhijeet.when some thing is wrongly supessed it will bounce back with double enrgy.
in deeper you goes these liceces were granted to citizens of india by some DM or DCPS of nagaland or are they fake imean stamps and signs
are fake?

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 pm

for last 5 years no DC has been given authority to issue arms license directly. they can only issue once home department issue a authority letter. i believe this is the old news and not new news
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat May 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Ashok and Abhijeet,

This is old news. I broke the story way back in 1993/94 when I was working with The Statesman. There was a huge shakeup and many heads rolled. At least 150 firearms purchased against fake licences (all originating from Nagaland) were confiscated by the police in Kolkata alone. The racket was operating in six states and spreading fast. If I find the old clippings I will try to post some scanned copies. Probably I also have photos of the weapons seized by the police then - brand new Smiths, Walthers, et al.

But let me tell you this - there was much to it than just fake licences, something I cannot discuss in an open forum.

TC

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:17 pm

mundaire wrote:These sort of things are bound to happen when the administration follows restrictive licensing policies.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
+ 1 on that,i wish that GOI,could really take your view in its stride & amend the Act,dont get me wrong,i am not in favor of criminals getting A Ls,but then can the Establishment/Govt stop criminals from getting their hands on Illicit firearms.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat May 10, 2014 9:17 pm

TC dada
thats not a old news.it published in newspaper on 7 may 2014 and police is chasing a gundealer from bahadurgarh.A town near delhi who is behind all this.owner of chhiler gun house.it seems someone have opened dc office of nagaland in haryana.Things will come out when obove said deale is cought.i remember 92 when mennon brothers were issued fireams licences from sirsa :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sat May 10, 2014 9:45 pm

About a 150 such licenses were discovered in Surat, Gujarat too. Most were procured by diamantaires(people who deal in diamonds) with wads of cash to bolster their 'status'. The matter went up to the High Court of Gujarat and all the licenses were 'cancelled' and the weapons seized.

In fact, dealers in Gujarat are waiting for the High Court to 'release' the said firearms so they could pick them up in auction and re sell them. Apparently, they are of quite recent vintage.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat May 10, 2014 10:23 pm

:D katana ji
you are right in this matter.and yoy have good hand try to participate in CM quota.you can get these weapons as less 200rs :D

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun May 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Dear Ashok,

I didn't mean to say the news item you are referring to is old. What I said is that the first racket started operation 20 years ago.
Will try to find the news clippings and pics I had filed at that time. There was no online version of newspapers then. That is the problem.

:cheers:

TC
Last edited by TC on Thu May 15, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajeevbhosale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rajeevbhosale » Wed May 14, 2014 12:17 am

you know guys with all due respect to the members on the forum, on a lighter note, I don't think the day is far enough when some beurocrat from the hm files an affidavit in the court asking any poor guy cought in a situation to produce a election voter id or a ration card in self defence , which they claim is the best weapon in democracy, why do you need a gun