when are guns considered deactivated by law??

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

when are guns considered deactivated by law??

Post by technical » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:23 am

i wanted to know to what extent the parts of a firearm have to be removed/altered for it to be no longer classified as a firearm under Indian law.??
is removing the firing pin enough?? or does the sear(and/or)trigger group have to be removed as well. should the barrel be blocked too.?? :shock:

:?:
thank you for your time,
regards,
technical
i am a staunch supporter of gun control. So come on,steady hands,good breathing and BANG.pew pew pew. bullseye!!! :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: when are guns considered deactivated by law??

Post by farook » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:43 am

This is all the arms act says

45. Act not to apply in certain cases – Nothing in this Act shall apply to-
"(c) any weapon of an absolute pattern or of antiquarian value or in disrepair which is not capable of being used as a firearm either with or without repair"
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:36 pm

If it is to be rendered unworkable even with repair, I'm guessing that plugging/ drilling one or more holes in the barrel would be the bare minimum required. JMHO.

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by technical » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:20 pm

thank you @mundaire & @farook
for a semi automatic pistol if we simply change the barrel plugging the old barrel is ineffective to be considered deactivated by law.
maybe removing and destroying the sear is the bare minimum??
because machining a new sear would mean effectively manufacturing a new firearm??
in the USA full auto sears are registered and are cannot be machined legally without a FFL.
but what about in india?? is machining a sear equivalent to manufacturing a new firearm??

regards,
technical
i am a staunch supporter of gun control. So come on,steady hands,good breathing and BANG.pew pew pew. bullseye!!! :D

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:04 pm

In India the law ignores minor parts of dual use, like springs, screws, etc. However the law (here) considers all other parts as a firearm in of itself! An unfortunate situation and one of NAGRI's suggestions is to amend the law to properly define a firearm (legally) as being the receiver/ action and treating the rest only as parts not constituting an arm in of themselves.

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by technical » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:37 am

@mundaire thanks a lot :)
so removing the sear and destroying it should render the firearm inoperable by "reapair" as getting a new sear would constitute a new firearm??
regards,
technical

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:57 am

No, I did not say that! Read my last post again - carefully... :-)

www.gunowners.in