Import blank guns

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
mysteriousmonu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Import blank guns

Post by mysteriousmonu » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:37 am

Respected
Brothers i want to import blank guns and blank ammo for movies and theater purpose but nowhere i found any import rules regulation or any licencing issue for trade in blank guns and ammo . if some one help me i m very greatful to him
thanks
Pushkar

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Import blank guns

Post by mundaire » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:24 am

So long as they cannot be converted into a firearm to use real ammunition, they are NOT covered by the Arms Act and therefore any restrictions on import DO NOT APPLY. Having said that, the automatic reaction of customs officials to anything looking like a gun will be to impound it on sight and ask you to 'show cause'. Therefore prior to import, please do your homework by getting a lawyer to prepare a file which will show that they are not covered under arms act and also be prepared to get a certificate from local police saying that they CANNOT be converted at a later date into real firearms.

Cheers!

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mysteriousmonu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mysteriousmonu » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Thank sir it is very helpful for me

mysteriousmonu
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mysteriousmonu » Mon May 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Dear as per urs advice i import some samples of blank guns but the custom official detain them and treat as an original arms they asked us to get dgft permission and police possession license i asked them and shows the document that they are not a real firearms but they said they cannot do any thing for that if u advice any lawyer or legal advisor who proves to custom officials that they are not arms and deals in those type of cases pls advice me to contact them
thanks
Pushkar

bandukbhandar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by bandukbhandar » Tue May 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Blank ammo uses gun powder and percussion caps to fire. Both these items require licence to sale and possess in India.

Customs are not fools, you haven;t bought the pistol just for show piece. You will fire blank ammo in it and hence the trouble you are facing from customs.

So many individuals and organisations have been applying to DGFT for import licence for these blank guns, but all the applications when forwarded to MHA by DGFT, MHA has refused to grant NOC for imports.

Rohit Bisht
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Rohit Bisht » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:43 pm

But still Blank guns are sold on various websites in India.