Why illegal postings aren't allowed on IFG forum??

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
shooter.177cal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Why illegal postings aren't allowed on IFG forum??

Post by shooter.177cal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:21 am

please explain.

As every post/discussion comes from an individual who has her/his own opinions. An opinion may be legal or illegal.

So, forum has no obligation to correct everyone's personal opinions which is not endorsed by forum in any way.
OR is there any law in India which asks forum to comply with.

asking people to constrict their opinions to legal side results in presenting one sided stuff and hinder the real picture of stuff which is currently going on in the country.

Example: If a person posts picture of illegal handgun "kattas / tamachas" then post will be deleted but do we really need to do so. (a person would be stupid to do that as POLICE can track her/him easily through IP/ISP stuff)

NOTE: i am not in any way encouraging anti law stuff but I am just curious to get answers to my query.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Why illegal postings aren't allowed on IFG forum??

Post by timmy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:51 am

Shooter.177:

May I remind you: IFG is not a platform for free speech. It is a platform intended to advance the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in India.

Because our advocacy and viewpoint are based on legal gun ownership, and because our stance views that depriving citizens of their right to own a firearm for sport and/or self protection is incorrect, we at IFG believe that we are on the "right side" of the law in our viewpoint.

Our views are strictly legal: We want citizens to be accorded their legal rights to gun ownership.

We oppose anything illegal, whether it is depriving someone of their rights, or whether it is a gun owner using a firearm illegally.

This is our stance, and when you visit and participate on IFG, you should know that your privileges here are maintained at the pleasure of those who own this site and operate it with the goal of promoting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in India LEGALLY.

Therefore, you should understand, IFG is a site that promotes the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in India, not a site that promotes free speech. Those who are not able to exercise their privileges here in accord with what IFG is about may find that their behavior and comments are not welcome, if they don't fit in with our purpose.

I hope that this clarifies the matter for you.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

shooter.177cal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter.177cal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:05 am

@timmy yes indeed it clarifies.
knowing about the goal of forum owner explains all of it quite well.

shooter.177cal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter.177cal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:15 am

i would have really liked free speech thing as RKBA (legally) can be promoted in the whole context more easily (just an opinion)
but as you said, forum owner bears expenses so rules are well, rules.

So, I will have to wait till I enough money to promote RKBA in my way. (my way is also a legal one but that would require exposing the bad/illegal side but that can be considered as provocative (thus against forum rules) as it would highlight the problems law abiding citizens have to bear due to stringent gun laws)

Anyway, thanks @timmy for replying.

/close thread

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:46 am

shooter.177cal wrote:please explain.

As every post/discussion comes from an individual who has her/his own opinions. An opinion may be legal or illegal.

So, forum has no obligation to correct everyone's personal opinions which is not endorsed by forum in any way.
OR is there any law in India which asks forum to comply with.

asking people to constrict their opinions to legal side results in presenting one sided stuff and hinder the real picture of stuff which is currently going on in the country.

Example: If a person posts picture of illegal handgun "kattas / tamachas" then post will be deleted but do we really need to do so. (a person would be stupid to do that as POLICE can track her/him easily through IP/ISP stuff)

NOTE: i am not in any way encouraging anti law stuff but I am just curious to get answers to my query.
I can only give a general response to this question and it applies to most forums, not just this one.

If I believe that men should have a right to rape under some circumstances, that is my opinion and my opinion is to promote an illegal act.I may want to express my opinion on this matter and I may claim right to free speech as the excuse to express my opinion. And indeed I have a right to express my opinion.

But I don't own this forum and once I post my opinion on this forum my post on this forum is promoting an illegal act, and this forum is serving as a medium for promotion of an illegal act. The matter then goes beyond me and my rights. The forum owners then bcome responsible and answerable for helping to promote my personal opinion about an illegal act. The forum owners have rights too, and may not wish to be drawn into the mess of supporting me and my desire to promote rape. They rightly delete the subject and ask me to peddle my ware elsewhere, The internet is a huge place and this forum has no need to support anything that forum owners and moderators do not wish to see on here.

shooter.177cal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter.177cal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:43 am

timmy has already answered well so I didn't want any further replies hence i indicated by typing "/thread close"
but still since you have already replied

Bennedose:
as it is clear from my post, I am only talking about GUNS..so extending my post to cover areas of heinous crimes is not what I want anyone to do.
I specifically mentioned "illegal" in a sense that something may be characterized as illegal but does not necessarily deliver a negative effect. ( hence i gave the example )

can you provide me a link of documentation which states that forum owner will be held responsible for any unwanted post by forum member. it may be a law which would required site owner to edit unwanted parts but owner is not held responsible if post from someone appeared in the first place. Of course, it is up to the forum owner whether to keep anything on his site or not.
When illegal videos are posted on YOUTUBE (similar to forum in the context that posts/videos are from random people characterized by username) do our police officials arrest youtube india head ?? i don't think so....the videos of illegal things posted under "educational category" are allowed by courts even though they do feature illegal content

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:52 am

shooter.177cal wrote: can you provide me a link of documentation which states that forum owner will be held responsible for any unwanted post by forum member. it may be a law which would required site owner to edit unwanted parts but owner is not held responsible if post from someone appeared in the first place. Of course, it is up to the forum owner whether to keep anything on his site or not.
When illegal videos are posted on YOUTUBE (similar to forum in the context that posts/videos are from random people characterized by username) do our police officials arrest youtube india head ?? i don't think so....the videos of illegal things posted under "educational category" are allowed by courts even though they do feature illegal content
No in fact I am not going to bother providing any documentation simply because it is the forum owners prerogative to allow or disallow something and not have to get caught up in exactly the sort of convoluted "give me proof and documentation" demands that anyone can make. If you post something illegal I may be the first person to accuse the forum of promoting illegality. If the forum owners want to get into a legal fight with the accuser it is their right to do that but there is absolutely no reason why they should be protecting the right of a person who posts something illegal

/close conversation

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:10 pm

shooter.177cal wrote:timmy has already answered well so I didn't want any further replies hence i indicated by typing "/thread close"
but still since you have already replied

Bennedose:
as it is clear from my post, I am only talking about GUNS..so extending my post to cover areas of heinous crimes is not what I want anyone to do.
I specifically mentioned "illegal" in a sense that something may be characterized as illegal but does not necessarily deliver a negative effect. ( hence i gave the example )

can you provide me a link of documentation which states that forum owner will be held responsible for any unwanted post by forum member. it may be a law which would required site owner to edit unwanted parts but owner is not held responsible if post from someone appeared in the first place. Of course, it is up to the forum owner whether to keep anything on his site or not.
Dear shooter.177cal,

Once a thread is opened, any forum member can post his/ her views relevant to that thread. Only the owner/ mods have the prerogative to "close" the thread, delete it (along with follow through replies) or lock it. Timmy has done a good job in answering your question which could have been simply done as: "Illegal postings aren't allowed on IFG forum for the same/ similar reasons illegal activities and actions are not condoned or promoted in countries based on the relevant sections of their constitutions and penal codes." Any "for my eyes only" questions/ comments that you may want to publish henceforth be kindly addressed with a PM to relevant user with a disclaimer - "REPLIES IN PM TO ME ONLY".

Logically and legally, when something is declared as "illegal", *both* the sides of the line of thought leading to respective action are thought of, discussed at length and then decided upon. So the question itself is frivolous to start with. Now, you may either request the mods to lock this thread (your thirst of general knowledge having received its drink) or delete it altogether for whatever reason you see fit.

My request to mods is to delete this thread for the reason that it has the potential to attract watchers/ bait/gauntlet throwers and mischief-mongers from outside, based upon key words in the title, certain line of thought propounded and encourage them to spin yarns about IFG, leaving us in a defensive position. In any case, the thread starter seems to see no further relevance of the varied answers to his query posted.

regs
A.

shooter.177cal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter.177cal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:11 pm

@airgun_novice: I agree that this thread can be locked. But i don't want mods to delete it.

I started this thread in the first place to know that why person cant post stuff which may be illegal but is not portrayed for increasing any sort of anti law activity. I have received very satisfactory response from @timmy, that forum owners objective is different from what i thought it was.